Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen (born September 23, 1949) is an American musician, singer, songwriter and humanitarian. He is best known for his work with his E Street Band. Nicknamed "The Boss", Springsteen is widely known for his brand of poetic lyrics, Americana, working class and sometimes political sentiments centered on his native New Jersey, his distinctive voice and his lengthy and energetic stage performances, with concerts from the 1970s to the present decade running over three hours in length.

summertimejesus likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

BRUUUUUUUCCCEEEE!!!

summertimejesus and Jason Tate like this.
  3. Officially the first post made on this forum that wasn't made by me.

Gotta say, little misty eyed, and it's perfect.

pachyderm and summertimejesus like this.
  4. Craig Manning

[​IMG]

5. My dad and I just bought tickets for the River tour in Milwaukee in a couple weeks. They're sort of behind the stage, but that doesn't dampen my excitement at all.

6. Craig Manning

TONIIGGGGHHHHHHTTTTT!!!!

7. Craig Manning

8. On my way to Milwaukee for the show!

9. Craig Manning

troyplaysbass likes this.
  10. Springsteen is amazing. Even with a few minor hiccups (seemed like his voice was going during "Jungleland" and the band jumbled a couple spots in "Thunder Road"), there's no better live show out there. So many chills throughout the set. I'm legitimately sad that I'll probably never be able to take my own future kids to a Springsteen show.

Craig Manning likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

Yeah, I feel the same way. That's definitely an experience I would want to share with my kids.

Also, extremely jealous that you got "Jungleland."

12. You mentioned this in your review as well, but it's awesome how Jake fits into the band now. He looked so happy and energetic the entire night, and every time he hit a sax solo, the crowd just ate it up.

13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Can't let Craig be the only guy with a Boss avatar.

14. Craig Manning

Yeah, he was really great. I thought he did great filling in on the Wrecking Ball tour, but he really was "filling in." I think he's a more distinctive member of the band now, and not so much in Clarence's shadow.

:-)

15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I'll probably continue my Springsteen album binge soon (got sidetracked by a bunch of great new music, but mostly The 1975)... y'all think I should post my ramblings about each album as I listen for the first time here, or on AP?

16. beachdude

Haha yeah I figured... just didn't know how much people were still splitting their time between the two forums.

17. Craig Manning

Yeah, post 'em here. Psyched for that. Been listening to his records a lot since the concert, so I'm game to discuss.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. beachdude

Woo! Yeah I'll probably start again today, I was listening to a bunch of other stuff including JEW's albums yesterday.

19. beachdude

'Bout to dive back into some Springsteen, let's GO

Craig Manning likes this.
  20. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Just put on Nebraska. Far and away my favorite Bruce album.

21. Craig Manning

Is there a record anywhere that sounds like it was more fun to record than The Wild, The Innocent, The E Street Shuffle?

pachyderm likes this.
  22. cshadows2887

Only one I can think of is Motel Shot

23. Craig Manning

I don't even know what that is! But I'm excited to listen to it.

24. cshadows2887

It's by Delaney and Bonnie. They got a ton of friends together and recorded loose, improvised versions of standards and covers, including country and gospel they grew up with in the style of "motel shots" when artists go back to the motel and jam after a show.

Duane Allman, Bobby Keyes, Jim Keltner, Gram Parsons, Clarence White, Dave Mason, Joe Cocker and Leon Russell show up. Not to mention the two members of their band (Bobby Whitlock and Carl Radle) were in Derek and the Dominoes

pachyderm likes this.