Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dave Keuning No Longer Touring With the Killers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Killers News reports on an upcoming Q Magazine interview which announces that The Killers’ Dave Keuning will no longer be turning with the band:

Like many fans who woke up this morning to scans of the ‘Q’ magazine interview floating around in various Killers communities, I am heartbroken to hear the rumors that had churned over the past several months of Dave Keuning seeking an arrangement simliar to Mark Stoermer’s had turned out to be true.

2. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

touring*

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Quite a unique thing this band has going right now.

4. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

Please don't go full P!ATD. Also, I'm a little pissed this came out after I bought tickets to see them. It won't be The Killers with only two members. It's basically a Brandon Flowers solo show with Ronnie on drums.

heymattrick likes this.
  5. silentc

Regular

That explains why he wasn't in the band photos

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

What?!

I'm so glad I finally was able to see the Killers a few years back on the Battle Born tour. At least got the chance to see some of my all-time favorite songs live at least once. Looking forward to the upcoming show too but if 2/4 are missing it just won't be the same.

I've gotten to see Judah & the Lion play their cover of Mr. Brightside live 10+ times now, so I guess there's that?

7. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

I think in that noisey interview Flowers mentioned the other guys in the band don't like to tour, so makes sense.

8. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Except they're not gonna be playing Flowers solo stuff.

fenway89 and truelovewaits like this.
  9. underoath

She broke your throne and she cut your hair...

Love this band, but get the sense that Wonderful Wonderful will be their last album.

truelovewaits likes this.
  10. rbf737

Regular

I always felt like Brandon and Ronnie were a bit closer or into it more than the others. I could see if they were struggling or even playing small clubs but they're playing for 10,000 some people every night it seems like. I guess a grind is a grind regardless of how awesome it is.

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Looking back, it doesn't seem like they even toured that much as it was anyway. Mostly one of shows and festival dates. But can't blame the guy if he's burned out from the road.

12. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Absolutely feel the same way

fenway89 likes this.