Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift – “Look What You Made Me Do”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Wow that voice mail part is terrible.

Brent and aoftbsten like this.
  3. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

I'm a big fan of TS and Jack Antonoff (who co-wrote it), but I don't know how I feel about this.

xthisislove and fenway89 like this.
  4. The Format

Regular

Sounds like Fergie

bachna84 and js977 like this.
  5. Ellite25

Regular

Yeah, I don’t know about this.

6. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Ummmm the verses are decent, but man that chorus is quite awful...

7. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I get what she is going for, but I don't love the result. Oh well I'm glad she is doing her thing and exploring sounds and stuff

8. Get ready to watch that chorus melody get copied by every artist for a year or so.

9. Connor

I was about to say this. I can sit here and say how I don't think it's good, but it's gonna set the trend for the next but garaunteed

10. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Delete it

11. bdoyle0182

Weeeeak. The verses are okay I guess, but that chorus is trash. Really disappointed.

Mister Lyrical and Matt504 like this.
  12. fowruok Aug 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2017)
    fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I don't really like the chorus, and the voicemail part is awfully cringeworthy.
    Verses are okay, but I do really like the pre-chorus.

Looking forward to the other fourteen songs on the album.

fenway89 likes this.
  13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I honestly enjoyed this. *shrug* The voicemail bit in the bridge is super lame, but other than that, I dig it, even the chorus. Looking forward to the album.

DearCory and CMilliken like this.
  14. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

lol.

mercury, Chcurry182, Fox83 and 8 others like this.
  15. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Maaan that was tough to get through :teethsmile:

16. Produced by Jack Antonoff.

fenway89 likes this.
  17. transrebel59

Regular

Oooh boy, this is some hot garbage. I hate that Jack's name is attached to this.

18. farva2

Regular

Oof

19. jameson4111

That's what's so surprising since it's not that good. Kind off disappointed that Jack produced/co-wrote it since I'm a big fan of Bleachers.

20. I'm going the opposite way, I think it's gonna be a massive hit.

21. Connor

So do you personally like it? Like I bet it's gonna be a big hit but I'm not digging it at all.

22. I think it's fine. I like it about as much as "Shake it Off", but I don't think it's horrible or anywhere near as "bad" as the Twitter takes making it seem like the worst song ever made.

23. clucky

Trusted Supporter

The "cause she's dead" bit is weird but other than that song is alright and I don't understand the hate ¯\(°_o)/¯

24. xthisislove

Regular

She's so smart the the reinventing yourself every three year to maintain an artists fan base but this was rough. I have a feeling this record is going to be pretty indie-ish or Selena Gomez type club tracks. Obviously she's not going to fall off the map anytime soon but if the record is like that I think the fall is gunna start..

Turkeylegz and fenway89 like this.
  25. bdoyle0182

I don't know how that chorus is going to survive significant airtime, but I guess it's taylor so everyone has to fall in love with it no matter how bad it is. Also bummed that jack did this one. Out of the Woods was such a killer song.

Edit: although to be fair after 2013 pop music fell off a cliff with me and I completely lost my touch in deciding what's popular because I just haven't vibed with it in a couple years.