Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Real Friends Writing New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Their last album was pretty awful.

CSWAPPO likes this.
  3. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I really liked their EPs but nothing since. I'm pretty sure I've just moved on from them. They always seem like nice guys so I hope it's good even if it's not for me.

4. Their fanbase did not respond well to their last record even though it had some of the best songs they'd ever penned on it (especially when Dan wrote the lyrics). I was pretty surprised they didn't eat it up. I hope this doesn't mean they return to the style of their even worse earlier releases...

Not saying the latest record was amazing, but it was a clear step up in many ways.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I loved the last record

CMilliken likes this.
  6. Mikeydude91

i noticed one of their dudes was wearing a Glamour Kills shirt. What ever happened to them, the website is down?

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I thought they were still doing well, but their instagram says 2006-2016.

8. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Liked a few songs on the last one so looking forward to giving this a listen and seeing where they go with it.

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Last album was way better than people gave it credit for. I think they really need to shake up their sound though to get back on an upwards trajectory. It's okay to do the whole "sad boy" thing lyrically but try make it a little more intelligent, and maybe inject some pace and aggression back in, as the two things (sad lyrics and mid pacing) made it a bit hard to stomach over a full album.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Last album was the only listenable one they've released

11. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I got into them for a short period of time and then kind of felt like all their stuff sounded the same. I'll give their new album a listen though, I didn't care for the last one that much

12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Really? I hadn't noticed any wavering in the fanbase and thought it was regarded just as highly as their other stuff.

I agree, Dan's songs were my favourites by far. I just can't stand the lyrics Kyle writes. Late Nights in My Car is pretty great though. I'll be checking out the album.

13. If you go to their shows no one moves to the new songs. It's kind of crazy to see the difference in reaction.

14. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Holy nostalgia. They were big back in my college years. ATL modelled for them regularly.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Last album was solid. Looking forward to see what direction they take. They are good dudes too.

16. ioev

I'm a kid I'm a squid

Got into Real Friends after listening to their most recent album. I didn't notice any bad lyrics, and loved the vocals.