Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anti-Flag – “Racists”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Anti-Flag have released their new song, “Racists,” along with the following statement:

We stand in solidarity with those fighting racism and fascism in the streets of Charlottesville and beyond. We believe it is time for the removal of all monuments to the confederacy and the racism for which they stand. We must put these symbols of white supremacy into places where the proper context can be provided for what they actually are; outdated, backwards, and antithetical to what we believe the values of humanity should be. It is past time to have real conversations on systemic racism and America’s history of it. There are museums memorializing the Holocaust all across Europe, while America continues to try to hide from its racist and murderous past and present.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

It's sickening that there has to be sides in 2017 for those fighting against racism and the racists.

3. Larry David

The song is great by the way. Sounds like it could fit perfectly on The Terror State

domotime2 likes this.
  4. aniafc

Trusted

Incredibly catchy song. Great message.

5. aniafc

Trusted

Also yikes @ those Youtube comments. Why do I even bother reading Youtube comments in 2017.

6. Larry David

The very first one is like WTF!

aniafc likes this.
  7. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

I dig it - and I wouldn't have checked the comments (or actually made it all the way to YouTube) were it not for this thread, either.

8. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

Reading the Youtube comments on this and Stray From The Paths last song is just mindblowing that in 2017 people still show such ignorance and belief in farcical things.

aniafc and Jason Tate like this.
  9. Steel

Regular

Great song. Sad this stuff is taking place in 2017. Can someone tell me where this can be purchased please?

10. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

There is literally a comment that says "this song is racist against white people" I can't handle the ignorance. I can't believe that I live in a world where people think a song against racism is racist towards white people, or that I live in a world where people are offended by a song that is ANTI RACISM. If you are a human being alive in 2017 there shouldn't be any side other than the one stomping out hate, bigotry and ignorance. I have grown up in a very conservative family and environment, and I am so grateful that I discovered punk when I was starting Jr. High school because it showed me the other side, and I'm grateful that @Jason Tate created Absolute Punk back in the day because browsing those forums taught me to think differently and see other viewpoints and that, plus this sight has helped shape me into someone who isn't completely ignorant. And someone who doesn't think the world we are living in here in 2017 America is ok.

11. danielm123

Trusted

I wouldn't have gone into the Youtube comments on the song either, but, wow some of these are awful. My favorite is the one by this guy who calls himself "Black Jack" who's trying to explain why Africans and Native Americans are genetically less intelligent than whites. I wasn't sure anyone could be so idiotic and I'm really hoping that's parody.

The song is great, by the way.

aniafc and Turkeylegz like this.
  12. Installing a YouTube comment blocker was the best thing I've done in a long time.

popdisaster00, Joe4th, aniafc and 3 others like this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

This band has been awesome for a really long time.

14. aniafc

Trusted

Man, I need this

15. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Good song. Lays everything out pretty pointedly.

16. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

God I need a new anti flag album. I would love to see the punk scene do another rock against bush but for Donald dipshit.

18. aniafc

Trusted

They're releasing one this year

19. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

Love this song and the one they released today. These have me super excited for American Fall.

20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

damn this song rules!

21. tomtom94

Trusted

Is there any particular reason - maybe to promote the new single? - why this video is unlisted now?