Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Green Day Part Ways With Manager

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Green Day have parted ways with their manager Pat Magnarella. Variety is reporting they have signed with Jonathan Daniel with Crush Music:

According to a source, the trio — comprised of Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool — is set to sign with Jonathan Daniel at Crush Music, home to Sia, Fall Out Boy, and Lorde, among others.

2. tomtom94

Trusted

Apparently they've been with him for 21 years, so. Yeah. Pretty big.

3. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Probably a good move considering what Crush has been doing

4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Wonder why now after all of this time

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

curious.

6. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Maybe they feel like their last album would've done a lot better with better management?

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i mean from what i read the album did as good as you can in 2017. The album was 100% blitzed on rock radio stations (if you're in an area that has it).

Im curious at how much "bigger" or "broader" green day thinks it can go haha. I mean they have a broadway play for goodness sakes haha

8. ARo24

Regular

I didn't know Crush managed Lorde. They have become a power house over the years.

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

Billie Joe jumped off stage in Denver the other night with a guitar and smashed the windows of one of the promotional Subarus that the venue has parked next to the lawn. It was hilarious

10. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yea maybe it's not fair to compare to how big GD were in 2004, but they were ever-present personalities in rock then, and I feel like they've faded a bit especially compared to the way a band like Fall Out Boy has managed to stay in the mainstream consciousness in the past 13 years. I'm just guessing though, don't really know anything about their personal relationship with their ex manager, this is just my best guess considering the timing

11. House Of Wolves

I'd love to know more.
    They sold that massive studio in Oakland and opened up OTIS, a more utilitarian studio. I respect how they've been sizing down and becoming more independent and efficient.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I really hope we hear some kind of reasoning for this. I really never saw them splitting from Pat coming, and I can't imagine it was exactly amicable, especially in the middle of a tour.