Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Four Year Strong – “Nice to Know”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I like it

3. Ditto. I haven't been following FYS since the synth player left/ was kicked out? but this is a sound from this band I didn't know I wanted. this was great.

4. chavril

Enjoyed this one

5. ibanez966

Was hoping it would go somewhere quicker and for longer than the last 20 seconds of the song. Would be a good first half of a song, but buildups going nowhere aren't why I listen to FYS

6. zporter92

Regular

Enjoyed that infinitely more than the last songs I heard (I believe it was from In Some Away, Shape or Form). Is their self-titled any good?

7. ibanez966

Yes, the EP before it was a great return to form and their self-titled is a natural evolution of their sound and not a faux-fighters record like ISWSOF.

8. zporter92

Regular

Sweet I'll check it out, thanks!

9. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Mmm.

This sounds like it would fit much better on "In Some Way, Shape, or Form" (which Is my favorite of theirs honestly) than any of their other albums, so I find it weird that all hating on that are loving this.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  10. manoverboard679

If you have to ask, you can't afford it

First time I've ever heard someone say that's their favorite. I mean its ok for what it is (catchy but shallow radio rock) but better than EOTW? C'mon now

11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I really like the idea of reimagining old tracks. Wish Wonder Years were being more adventurous like this on their acoustic EP.

12. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

That was pretty underwhelming.

13. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I loved EOTW but for some reason i really loved it

14. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Honestly some of their best material is on that record. It's not convincing as a full-length but they shone on select tracks.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I actually like this song. Apparently its from 'In Some Way, Shape, or Form' era and was redone like 5 times.

Underrated album overall, imo. It reminds me a lot of Sum 41's 'Chuck' album.

16. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

literally no reason to listen to this band anymore

17. queenneen

First reaction was that it was not FYS, but it's (quickly &) steadily growing on me,