Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bruce Springsteen Details Broadway Residency

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bruce Springsteen has detailed his upcoming eight-week solo residency at the Walter Kerr Theatre on Broadway.

I wanted to do some shows that were as personal and as intimate as possible. I chose Broadway for this project because it has the beautiful old theaters which seemed like the right setting for what I have in mind. In fact, with one or two exceptions, the 960 seats of the Walter Kerr Theatre is probably the smallest venue I’ve played in the last 40 years. My show is just me, the guitar, the piano and the words and music. Some of the show is spoken, some of it is sung. It loosely follows the arc of my life and my work. All of it together is in pursuit of my constant goal to provide an entertaining evening and to communicate something of value.

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

What I wouldn't give to be there. Hope he records some of it.

3. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Come hell or high water, I shall be there. By odin's beard, I shall be there.

4. Sean Murphy Aug 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2017)
    Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I registered for a chance to get face value tickets but nothing is going to stop me from seeing this at least twice. Thank god for credit cards amirite?

5. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Seriously. My friends and I would be driving up from Boston for this. Totally worth it.

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

WHAT ARE TICKET PRICES?
    Tickets range from $75 to $850.

LOL

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

for $850 i better be able to sit ON his piano while he's playing.

8. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

@Sean Murphy Where can you register?! I couldn't seem to find it. Thanks

@EntryLevelDave Let me know, I'm from Boston too. #CarPool Haha. Would love to see this.

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if you check his twitter (twitter.com/springsteen) the link to register will be in one of the tweets about the show. its through ticketmaster verified fan.

Derek Wright likes this.