Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kendrick Lamar Talks With Rolling Stone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Kendrick Lamar recently sat down with Rolling Stone:

Well, that’s the challenge that keeps me going. Can I outdo myself again? Can I make a better rhyme than I made last time? That’s the whole chase. If that wasn’t there, then I’d have stopped after good kid, after I had my first platinum album. But, you know, you see Jay-Z [chuckles]. He’s a billionaire. You see Dr. Dre. Jay is still on his pen game, because it’s always a chase to see if you’re not only still true to the culture, but still can generate a creative process that’s organic for you, that can challenge yourself.

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I hope Kendrick doesn't go the same route as those two. Dr. Dre took 30 years to follow-up 2001, and the record was terrible, and Jay-Z hasn't been great in a decade.

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Compton wasn't terrible, it wasn't great, but it had some great tracks. Jay hasn't been as consistently good, but he has come up with some great versus in the last decade. Eventually everyone's output dips, its almost inevitable. I never thought eminem would really fall off back in 2003 and he has. I would love to be proven wrong about Kendrick. He is fucking unreal.

4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

If anyone can avoid the fall-off, I think it'd be Kendrick

Mr. Serotonin and Ska Senanake like this.