Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Killers Talk With Rolling Stone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Killers sat down to talk with Rolling Stone about their new album:

Overall, Flowers feels like he made progress on one major front. “I put more of an effort to be more personal on this record,” Flowers says. To open up, the 36-year-old reflected on turning 21 for the tongue-in-cheek lyrics to “The Man” (“I was doing things that I thought maybe a man should do, but I was still just a kid,” he says), he tapped into the vulnerability he felt as a child in 1990 watching Buster Douglas knock out then-undefeated Mike Tyson and realizing “nothing lasts forever” (the soaring “Tyson vs. Douglas”) and he sang words of support to his wife, who suffers complex PTSD stemming from childhood traumas (the atmospheric “Some Kind of Love”). “It’s really emotional,” he says of the last tune. “I played that for her, and she just sobbed.”

2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

So excited to hear this album

3. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

This album is going to be great.

4. zachmacD

Trusted

Same here. I've loved many of their songs over the years but nothing has really hit that hard. I feel like this is going to be the album I always knew they could make