Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Young the Giant Release Two-Track Single

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Young the Giant have released their two-track single, “Mirrorball/Mind Over Matter (Reprise).”

Fueled By Ramen recording group Young The Giant have released their two-track single, “Mirrorball/Mind Over Matter (Reprise).” Previously only available on vinyl as a Record Store Day piece, the songs are now available today at all DSPs and streaming services.
    The band took to Instagram yesterday to announce the arrival of the two-track single: “’Mind Over Matter (Reprise)’ was recorded in Nashville with The Raconteur’s Brendan Benson while we were on tour. We strived to recreate the power of the original recording while harnessing a more pastoral sonic. We wanted to reshape and re-tool with the same skeletal framework; strip it and re-dress it with new varnish. Benson even brought in the renowned McCrary Sisters to sing back up. We hope you enjoy – ‘Mirrorball & Mind Over Matter (Reprise)’ out Friday.”

Earlier this year, Young The Giant announced the addition of new summer dates of its hugely successful Home of the Strange Tour. The North American headline dates begin Wednesday, August 2nd at Louisville, KY’s Palace Theater and then continue through late September (see attached itinerary). The tour will include stops at Denver’s Red Rocks Amphitheater, NYC’s Central Park Summerstage, Washington DC’s Merriweather Post Pavilion, and Chicago’s Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island. Support on all dates will come from Cold War Kids and Joywave. For complete details, please visit www.youngthegiant.com/tour.

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Gotta check this outttt

3. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I think that was available for record store day like two years ago.

smowashere likes this.
  4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

It was.

5. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

"Band releases two songs from two years ago."

NEWS YAY.

6. ... no one read the press release?
    Previously only available on vinyl as a Record Store Day piece, the songs are now available today at all DSPs and streaming services.

The band took to Instagram yesterday to announce the arrival of the two-track single: “’Mind Over Matter (Reprise)’ was recorded in Nashville with The Raconteur’s Brendan Benson while we were on tour. We strived to recreate the power of the original recording while harnessing a more pastoral sonic. We wanted to reshape and re-tool with the same skeletal framework; strip it and re-dress it with new varnish. Benson even brought in the renowned McCrary Sisters to sing back up. We hope you enjoy – ‘Mirrorball & Mind Over Matter (Reprise)’ out Friday.

Mr. Serotonin and DejaMoi like this.
  7. mmhmm

Trusted Prestigious

I think people did and it doesnt change the fact that putting your RSD 7" songs from two years ago on digital outlets doesn't sound like news. But maybe that's just me.

8. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Not that people shouldn't read further before commenting but the wording on the home page may have been what confused people. It just says "Young the Giant have released their two-track single, “Mirrorball/Mind Over Matter (Reprise)” which maybe implied to some that it was being released for the first time.

9. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

Shouldn't it be called a double? ;-)

10. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I like this very much. Mind over matter is easily one of my favorite YTG songs and Mirrorball was excellent. Really makes me want to get the RSD release

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Mirrorball is a jam.

DejaMoi likes this.
  12. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

how is this not news? I love these guys and had no idea they released this as a RSD release or that it was being digitally released. Thank you for posting