Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Apple Removes iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The iPod nano and the iPod shuffle are no more:

The iPod touch remains. With its 10th anniversary just a few months away, I wonder how long it has left. In July 2015, Apple gave it the A8 processor from the iPhone 6, along with better cameras and increased storage capacity. The Touch’s pricing and capacities were adjusted today, but the product saw no other changes.

Raku likes this.
  2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I am in the minority but I hate this. I love to run and like to have the smallest thing possible to play music. Not a fan of running with an iPod touch or a giant phone. Time to stock up on the nanos.

3. DesolateEarth

Birb

Feel like an old man saying this but I miss iPods just being iPods. I'll never understand why they discontinued the classic. It was perfect for my needs. I don't need the touch with all those apps :/

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Baby Driver was the punctuation mark. They can die gracefully now

Raku and ianzandi like this.
  5. shogunTORTOISE

Regular

Still have my 160GB Classic and refuse to let go.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I remember getting my first Shuffle in 2005. It looked like a fun dip stick.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Glad I bought a shuffle last year.

8. CMilliken

Trusted

Still use my nano and classic quite frequently. It’s unfortunate to see these go.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  9. tobytobes

Regular

My friends have mocked me for years for being the only person in the group who still carries a phone plus iPod (Classic, Nano, whatever).

This absolutely SUCKS. I love having all my music separate on a traveling device.

I JUST bought a 80GB classic refurb, and I think I'm going to have to start watching the pawn shops more by work for iMusicThings just so I have another backup.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  10. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

First they get rid of the classic, then they get rid of the headphone jack, and now this. Do Apple even want us listening to music?

11. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

yeah they do, they just want us to do it in 2017

Raku, dylan, scottlechowicz and 2 others like this.
  12. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Same here. I love my iPod classic...I'm dreading the day it dies :(

Bayside 182 likes this.
  13. pbueddi Jul 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2017)
    pbueddi

Trusted

run with my nano every day. couldn't do it without it. i also still use my 2nd gen touch and last gen classic regularly.

edit: 2nd gen touch. the thing is slow is hell doing anything but navigating my music, but it gets the job done lol.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I use my Classic literally every day, haha. It'll be a sad day when that thing dies. The iPod Touch just does not appeal, and I'm not that fond of my iPhone these days either.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Have an iPhone and an iPod touch. I love using both for music. I use my iPod to save battery if I already have that music downloaded, but it's so nice to have a streaming service like Apple Music to make everything so easy to access in terms of new music.

16. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Sad to see the Shuffle go, I loved that things. It was great for running – got me through 13 marathons – and I used one up until this past Christmas when I got an Apple Watch and went wireless for my runs.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  17. CSWAPPO

Regular

Man.....:tear:

18. DesolateEarth

Birb

Except that maybe wireless headphones and streaming services don't appeal to everyone? Just because it's 2017 doesn't mean we all should be forced onto Spotify or Apple music.

Raku likes this.
  19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

issa joke...

20. DesolateEarth

Birb

Oh sorry. It's just something that gets under my skin so if I come off as a little sensitive to it my apologies

Raku and skogsraet like this.