Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Share Open Letter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Linkin Park have released an open letter to Chester Bennington. You can find the full message below.

Dear Chester,

Our hearts are broken. The shockwaves of grief and denial are still sweeping through our family as we come to grips with what has happened.

You touched so many lives, maybe even more than you realized. In the past few days, we’ve seen an outpouring of love and support, both public and private, from around the world. Talinda and the family appreciate it, and want the world to know that you were the best husband, son, and father; the family will never be whole without you.

Talking with you about the years ahead together, your excitement was infectious. Your absence leaves a void that can never be filled—a boisterous, funny, ambitious, creative, kind, generous voice in the room is missing. We’re trying to remind ourselves that the demons who took you away from us were always part of the deal. After all, it was the way you sang about those demons that made everyone fall in love with you in the first place. You fearlessly put them on display, and in doing so, brought us together and taught us to be more human. You had the biggest heart, and managed to wear it on your sleeve.

Our love for making and performing music is inextinguishable. While we don’t know what path our future may take, we know that each of our lives was made better by you. Thank you for that gift. We love you, and miss you so much.

Until we see you again,

LP

Visit Chester.LinkinPark.com

PandaBear! and trevorshmevor like this.
  2. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

It absolutely hurt to read that. My heart goes out to these guys.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. aniafc

Trusted

Still can't believe it's real, but I love this letter and the website they put together for him

4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Love the letter and the website they put together for Chester.

Still can't believe it.

5. Love that they did this instead of addressing the fans first. LP is obviously their livelihood, but this shows that they are first and foremost a family. Condolences to all involved.

DejaMoi and coleslawed like this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I'm crying

7. still surreal that this happened

8. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

This is so sweet and sad.

9. RoKKeR

The Fly

Still in disbelief. Really feel for these guys.

So damn sad.

10. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Terribly sad but what a touching tribute.

11. David-

Trusted

It hurts to read. I can't imagine what they're feeling.

12. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

"We're trying to remind ourselves, that the demons who took you away from us were always part of the deal."

Ah this broke me. My heart hurts for them.

js977, coleslawed and David- like this.