Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Stranger Things’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Raku likes this.
  2. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Out of the all the trailers released today, this is the one I'm most excited about...

Raku likes this.
  3. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Am I the only one who would prefer a new cast & storyline for Season 2?

Brent likes this.
  4. pbueddi

Trusted

i think the current cast is what makes this show

5. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Yes you are

6. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Yeh..I guess you're right.. I just feel that it's gonna be really hard to top Season 1.. especially now that mystery is gone (with eleven & upside down)

7. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Ooooh I was just waiting for that Vincent Price laugh at the end. Can't wait to watch this all in 2 days and then be miserable waiting for another year.

8. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Tbh trailer didn't impress me that much.. :eh:hopefully they won't fk it up cause I really loved season 1.

9. Can't fathom liking the first season and not losing your mind to this trailer. Heh. Glad I don't have that problem.

Raku, Lucas27, OdeToTheSun and 11 others like this.
  10. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Thriller.

Raku likes this.
  11. Let's goooooooooooooo

Raku likes this.
  12. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

My body is ready. Can't wait for it.

Raku likes this.
  13. razorburn

Trusted

Chills.

Raku likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

except, we see that both of them are back, and something is still going on with Will, and more gates are opening up, and someone is watching everything, and we get to see Hopper teaming up with Nancy and the gang to fight something huge, and WHAT IS THE GIANT TENTACLE MONSTER IN THE SKY?

Raku, sonder and Serenity Now like this.
  15. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

hah you hyped af bruh! :crylaugh:Yeh obviously something's wrong with Will, more gates, red skies, tentacles etc feels like overkill to me.. you know sometimes less is more.. Oct. 27 is out right? On Oct.29 I'll let you know if I like it or not :peace:

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I mean, yeah, I am hyped, but you said the mystery was gone, and that teaser clearly shows there's still plenty of mystery left in Hawkins.

Raku, fenway89 and Jason Tate like this.
  17. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Ahhhh man.. It's pretty late here (Europe) and I don't feel like tryharding to explain what I want to say with my bad Englando.. I'll just leave this analogy here and hopefully you get what I mean with "mystery is gone". Think of "Alien" (1979) as Season 1 of Stranger Things and "Alien: Covenant" (2017) as Season 2.

I just loved Season 1 from start to finish, these mysteries like who is Eleven? superpowers? mutant? alien? human experiment? where the fk is Will? trapped into walls? These mysteries kept me glued on my screen till the epic finale! Now I feel it's gonna be more of a gory-horror-fest series than a dark-mystery-thriller like Season 1. We just have to wait and see.. also.. Congrats if you made it to the end of paragraph with my tarzan-english :heart:

18. razorburn

Trusted

You made that assumption from a 3-minute trailer?

Raku likes this.
  19. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

hah :crylaugh: Yehh! Maybe watch S1 trailer again and then do the comparison for yourself.. but still.. pointless conversation..I hope and wish S2 to be as good as S1.

20. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Very excited, but if you haven't seen Preacher get on that NOW! Even a better show than ST. Many will disagree.

21. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I'm sure there will be plenty of new mysteries in this season to keep people hooked. I have complete faith in their ability to follow up season 1. The cast and crew seem to know exactly what the draw was in the first season, and I don't see them ruining that.

Raku and coleslawed like this.
  22. Lucas27

Trusted

Very early prediction: there's going to be a lot of acclaim for Noah Schnapp after this season. Even though he was used sparingly in the first season, he really commanded my attention when he was onscreen for some reason. Now I think I know why. That brief clip of him crying in this trailer gave me so many chills. Reminded me of Hayley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense.

Raku and coleslawed like this.