Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Reports: Chester Bennington Has Died

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Melody Bot Jul 20, 2017
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2017)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

TMZ is reporting that Chester Bennington of Linkin Park has died:

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

If you or someone you know is looking for help, please call and/or share these numbers:

* Trans Lifeline: 877-565-8860
    * Suicide Prevention: 800-273-8255
    * Domestic Violence: 800-799-7233
    * Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741

2. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

Holy shit.

3. xenoabe

Regular

Holy shit.

4. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Can we trust TMZ? I haven't seen this on any other news sources yet.

5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Still seeing a lot of people saying this is fake... hopefully so. Terribly sad if true.

6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

The first screams I ever heard and enjoyed in music were his. RIP.

coleslawed, Mary V, Jim and 11 others like this.
  7. devenstonow

Noobie

TMZ's is like, one of the most reliable sources for stuff like this

8. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This hit hard. I knew he had been taking a lot of heat lately and wasn't taking it well but never in a million years did I see this coming. One of the vocalists that shaped my music tastes...fuck. RIP Chester.

Seen this widely reported, don't think it's fake for those wondering.

DejaMoi and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  9. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. House Of Wolves

Hero. He had all the qualities of a great frontperson. My favorite performances of his are "A Place For My Head (Live in Texas)", "Don't Stay", "Burning In The Skies", "One More Light" and especially "Nobody Can Save Me".

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Fucking hell. This is horrible. "Hybrid Theory" was a key album for me when I was a young teenager. I can't stress how important it is to tell those around you how much you love them whenever you can.

Kingjohn_654 and David Parke like this.
  12. moura

Regular

I legit was waiting for one of those "pranked you" pages to come up when clicked it on Facebook... I truly enjoyed going to Projekt Revolution for the mid-late 2000 years... RIP Chester.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Only other place I have seen is reported was from HuffPost, but even they were going off the TMZ report.

Another edit, looks like KROQ is now confirming it too. I would trust them.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Really terrible news. LP was my first favorite band and I'll always love them, even if my music tastes have shifted a bit. Such a great vocalist. RIP

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

RIP. Just another example that no matter how much fame or money you have, you're never guaranteed happiness.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Going through the articles I saw and it seems like most of them cite TMZ. That being said, TMZ is super credible when it comes to this type of news.

17. Spenny

Regular

Shit, super sad news. RIP Chester :(

18. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

This is just tragic.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't he broke/bankrupt?

20. failinginplace

Regular

what in the fuck.

21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Like I'm sure a lot of other people here, Linkin Park was my first favorite band... this hits hard. Honestly don't know what to say, I can't believe it.

22. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Apparently today is Chris Cornell's birthday. That probably played into this bit. Very sad.

23. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Took the words right out of my mouth. On paper, he has a hell of a life, with the biggest shows of the band's career coming up.

No matter how good things are, addiction, depression, and similar mental health issues can always be worse. Incredibly sad that he couldn't keep up the fight against his.

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i mean.... holy shit

25. Iain

Regular

Fuck! I cant believe it. I know this might sound insensitive, but this is probably one of the first celebrity deaths in a while thats bummed me out.

Repeating what everyone has said above, shaped my music tastes.