Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portugal. The Man Talk With Billboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Portugal. The Man talked with Billboard about their hit “Feel It Still:”

It comes down to the way our political parties work where it’s basically football teams. If you’re not on Team Trump, you’re on Team Hillary and it’s such a ridiculous way to look at politics and to look at the way we’re voting. I’ll talk shit all day long but at the end of the day I don’t want to vote for anybody. I don’t feel strongly for either one of those people. So many of my friends were for Bernie all the way and said, ‘If he doesn’t get it, I’m not voting.’ It’s a ridiculous process. The fact at all that Bernie had to run as a Democrat is kind of what the song is about.

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That's pretty cool. Makes me like the song even more.

3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I had no idea their song got that much exposure. Good for them.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. ellie117

south jersey. Supporter

It's a good song, need to listen to the lyrics better next time. Philly's 104.5 plays it all the time. And I mean all.the.time.

Bryan Diem and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin Jul 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 17, 2017)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

They always get TONS of plays on any ALT station, along with Grouplove, Andrew McMahon, Cold War Kids, Cage the Elephant...any station that plays that kinda stuff.

Oh yeah, it's on a pretty massive commercial now as well.

6. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Caught it on AltNation on SiriusXM over the weekend and it's apparently been number 1 on their Alt18 countdown for 10 weeks straight.

7. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Song is suuuuch a jam. Band consistently releases great music.

8. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Perhaps. I should have added that I'm from Canada, so we don't always get the same artists playing on these stations.

9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

That station does not know how to rotate songs.

10. ellie117

south jersey. Supporter

No, they really really don't. I only listen in my 20 min commute to work and back, and swear it's pretty much been the same rotation of 25 songs/bands for at least a year.

11. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s just a digital playlist and not often a live DJ

ellie117 likes this.
  12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I would use it as my alarm in high school and it is the reason I passionately hate the Foo Fighters. Nothing is worse than hearing the same band over and over at 6 am

Mr. Serotonin and ellie117 like this.
  13. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

"I've got another confession to make, it's time for schooooool"

Bryan Diem likes this.
  14. brothemighty

Trusted

Great, now I have to stop liking Portugal. The Man. Some real white dude bullshit, as usual