Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sevendust Sign With Rise Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sevendust have signed with Rise Records. They’ll release their new album later this year. The full press release can be found below.

(New York, NY – July 14, 2017) – Heavy metal legends Sevendust have inked a new record deal with Rise Records. Coming off the success of their last album Kill The Flaw, a record that brought the band their highest album sales chart position of their career, Sevendust join the an impressive roster of labelmates that includes Five Finger Death Punch, Of Mice & Men, Silverstein and PVRIS to name a few. Sevendust is comprised of iconic vocalist Lajon Witherspoon, the dual-guitar attack of John Connolly and Clint Lowery, and the driving rhythm section of Vince Hornsby on bass and Morgan Rose on drums.
    “Signing Sevendust is definitely one of the highlights of my career. I’m honored to work with an artist with a legacy as great as theirs, and I’m really excited to work with them on the forthcoming album,” explains Craig Ericson, Founder of Rise Records.

“For Sevendust, it was important to find a label that understood where we’ve been and have some new ideas and strategies on where we can go. Through our 20 years playing together, we have garnered the best fans in the world that have become our extended family. Rise from the very beginning explained a very unique game plan to us that we feel like is going to help us celebrate our die hard Sevendust fans and expose us to new ones,” explains guitarist John Connolly. “There is an excitement we feel just knowing the Rise team is going to be behind this new chapter of our career”

Sevendust have already decided on who will produce the next album; the band’s 12th studio release scheduled for Spring 2018. Michael “Elvis” Baskette, known for his work with Alter Bridge; Tremonti; Slash; and others, will be at the helm when the band begins recording in the Fall. More information on Sevendust working with “Elvis” as it comes available.

Sevendust recently wrapped up a series of headline dates in support of the 20-year anniversary of their self-titled debut release. The band played the album in its entirety to packed rooms across the east coast with more potential dates to be announced in the future.

Sevendust formed in 1996 and have forged one of hard rock’s most diehard audiences. 2014’s acoustic offering Time Traveler’s & Bonfires saw an overwhelming response from that community, being quickly funded through a highly successful PledgeMusic campaign. Just a year prior, Black Out The Sun entered Billboard’s Top Hard Music Albums chart at #1 and landed at #18 on the Top 200. They kicked off their illustrious career with an untouchable string of three gold albums, beginning with their self-titled 1997 debut and continuing with Home in 1999 and Animosity in 2001. Along the way, they’ve sold out shows everywhere and given unforgettable performances at the likes of Rock On The Range, Woodstock, OZZfest, and Shiprocked!.

2. aniafc

Trusted

wow, that's a name I haven't heard in a while

IATAvalanche, Turkeylegz and tyramail like this.
  3. defmytones

Regular

LOL WAT.

4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Was OBSESSED with the 'Dust in high school. Excellent live band.

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Gotta hand it to these guys for being a band this long and having such a strong following

6. Barcara

Regular

[​IMG]

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Holy shit, that is so awesome for these dudes. Absolutely one of the best live shows in heavy music, and easily some of the nicest guys to ever hit the stage. I love that Rise has gotten diverse enough to be a home to PVRIS and Sevendust. Hope this puts them back where they belong.

suicidesaints and Davjs like this.
  8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

"Enemy" still has one of the best choruses Ive ever heard in it, that song is huge.

9. That's so unexpected. If you're not familiar with their post early 00's stuff, I suggest to listen to Black Out The Sun, Time Travelers and Kill The Flaw. They had few so so releases for a long while but the aforementioned ones are impressive.

Ryan likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

If I had to recommend any Sevendust it'd definitely have to be: Animosity, Cold Day Memory and then Alpha.

11. "Heavy metal legends" fuckin lol

12. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Totally agree.

13. Davjs

Trusted

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

7D are awesome. One of the few "nu-metal" acts that actually outshines the genre and continues to be relevant 20+ years into their career.

Plus they are some of the nicest dudes in the industry and try to do cool things for their fans.

15. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

For some reason, it reminds me of when Victory signed Taproot.

16. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

ughh

17. I loved their first 3 albums.

18. jrock920

Regular

a lot of their songs have a huge choruses a strength for sure

Petit nain des Îles likes this.