Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Netflix Orders ‘The Umbrella Academy’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Deadline is reporting that Gerard Way’s The Umbrella Academy has been picked up by Netflix:

Netflix has given a 10-episode order to The Umbrella Academy, a live-action series based on the popular graphic novels by Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance) and illustrated by Gabriel Bá. […] “I am thrilled that The Umbrella Academy has found a home at Netflix,” Way said. “I couldn’t think of a better place for the vision Gabriel Bá and myself had when creating the comic and cannot wait for people to experience that world as a live-action show.”

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This is awesome. I know nothing about the storyline, but awesome for him. I'll have to check it out.

3. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

He seems like a cool guy, he was on one of Kevin Smiths podcasts and was talking about My Chem, comics, and just life in general, he really seems like a normal guy who just became famous.

coleslawed and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  4. failinginplace

Regular

im so stoked for this. i have a friend at netflix and i'm gonna abuse him until i get swag for this haha

5. tomtom94

Trusted

Was expecting animated, but Netflix have been good with this stuff in the past. Good for Gerard.

6. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

There are only two volumes, and both are fantastic, so if you haven't checked Umbrella Academy yet, go for it!

xapplexpiex likes this.
  7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

SpyKi likes this.
  8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

truelovewaits likes this.
  9. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

This is HUGE news for Gerard Way, and comic fans alike! Can't wait to see this take shape in live-action, and hopefully it will do really well under the Netflix-umbrella of TV consumption. Bring on 2018!!!!

10. thebencarter

This could be awesome - Netflix is doing great with investing in Anime/Cartoons. Castlevania was dope

11. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

This is a live action adaptation.

12. thebencarter

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  13. younglikeme

ii // YLM

REALLY stoked for this. After what an awesome job FX did with something like Legion, I think Netflix could absolutely hit this out of the park.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Totally agreed. I'm actually reading book one right now and it's bonkers. They'd have to have a big budget to make it live-action.

FrankieThe4th and SpyKi like this.
  15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Yeah that's the only slight concern I have. It's not going to be easy to make.

16. DeRRek

Trusted

This is great. When I saw this post I was expecting it to say that it would be animated. Surprised it's going to be live action. Excited for this though. I finished book 2 a few months ago. Loved it.