Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

John Feldmann Talks About New Goldfinger

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

John Feldmann sat down with Alternative Press to talk about the new Goldfinger album:

If I listen to the song and it makes me happy, that’s all that matters for Goldfinger. The point isn’t trying to connect at radio. With Blink, the intent was a comeback record. We knew going into it that it was time to get on the radio and put the band back on the map where they belonged, because they’re a timeless, classic, legendary group. Not that Goldfinger isn’t, but we were always underground. I was singing about animal rights and telling Ted Nugent to fuck off. I was never trying to compete with whatever was on pop radio at the time. When we were blowing up, it was Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys, ultimately. That was never my goal; it was just to get my aggression out. “A Million Miles” came out of a spot of “I still care about music.”

knstadin likes this.
  2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Dug that last song he put out

3. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I wonder what happened with Darrin. Sounds pretty major.

Raku and domotime2 like this.
  4. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I saw the new lineup at Montebello Rockfest and it looked like they were having a blast. John crowdsurfed with the mic and Phil did a backflip off an amp or something. Glad they're doing well and I'll certainly make an effort to see them if they decide to come to Toronto.

Raku and knstadin like this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Who was the drummer?

6. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Cyrus from New Found Glory

7. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

Feelsbad that I never got the chance to see them live with all the original members.. but still excited af about the upcoming album.

you can feel their energy thru 144p :crylaugh:

8. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

"Darrin [Pfeiffer, former drummer] and I had a falling out. I can’t … I have children and a real life. I can’t deal with negativity and people who don’t support and love each other. Maybe someday we’ll play together again, but holy fuck … We had a falling out."

:eh:

Raku likes this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

I know i read the interview. I meant beyond that i wonder what happened

10. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

I thought "Negativity" sentence was aiming Darrin.. (at least this is what I got with my bad english) Kelly is doing fine with Buckcherry, he didn't speak with Charlie the past 7 years.. So "negativity" and "no support" sentence goes to Darrin..Beyond that.. it's easy to figure out.. John got into producing, made a huge name out there (The Used, GC, SOTY) less Goldfinger attention, more focus on producing and BUSY finding the next big band! Other members obviously didn't like that, which is totally understandable cause you know, John was making good money by producing bands but the other members had to go tour their asses off to make a living.. I'd be fkin mad at him too :crylaugh:As a true Goldfinger fanboy, I remember Darrin saying on social media that "John is busy producing some terrible pop artists at the moment sooo no future Goldfinger plans" Thought he was trolling back then but now (after reading Johns interview) sounds more "negativity and no support" to me.

Raku and DejaMoi like this.
  11. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Really excited for this. Goldfinger was one of my favorite bands growing up and his music never fails to put me in a better mood.

Raku and knstadin like this.
  12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah that's understandable now that you mention it. I remember Charlie and Darrin posting a pic on instragram in direct response to what John was doing at the time so yeah fits right in with that narrative. Bummer tho because although this new ''lineup'' is ok it's def not the Goldfinger I grew up knowing and loving that's for sure.

13. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

I'll probably come out as a hypocrite bstard now :eh:I was "fighting" with some members the other day *cough* @Jason Tate *cough* about Tom Delonge's importance in Blink182, I even said "Mark, Travis and Matt should have gone with a different name cause without Toms songwriting, singing and trademark lullaby-treatment we get something like mehhhh "California" which is not even close to real Blink182 IMO"

In Goldfinger case, seriously.. I really don't mind John being active, releasing new music and touring with random musicians. (BAN THIS TWOFACE-GREEK-A-HOLE ALREADY!) Come on... He was always the songwriter and the voice of Goldfinger, he released 2 new songs without the original members right? Noticed any difference? Both songs sounded your standard Goldfinger tunes (Wait..I actually loved "Am I Deaf"):ok: Sure, it sucks not to see them growing old together, not even being friends anymore, no more Twinkie giveaways from Dangerous Darrins ass :crylaugh: but hey!!! We should be happy.. new Goldfinger music soon and Feldy is back on the road!

Raku likes this.