Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Circa Survive Announce New Album; Release New Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Perfectly integrates the BSN-ness with all the things that BSN lacked. This is exciting!

3. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I want to know what black magic Hopeless knows that allows them to keep signing big scene bands.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  4. Sander

kflkmflkm

They totally lost me after BSN. Everything after that has just blended together into a huge bland blur.

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Dig this

6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Beautiful track

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  7. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

BSN was actually the first and last Circa album I bought. No matter how much I try I never get into the other ones outside of a couple singles.

Hoping this is my second.

Nice job with Hopeless adding another solid band. Such an awesome label right now.

studskalny and coleslawed like this.
  8. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Anyone see vinyl pressing info?

9. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

BSN and Descensus are two of my favorite records. This song is gorgeous and I'm looking forward to this

aoftbsten and Chase Tremaine like this.
  10. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Grabbed the blue/white swirl. Amped for September!

11. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

What a fantastic concept for a video. It's almost a given at this point that for two consecutive years an Anthony Green-led record will make it into my top 3.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  12. Yeah, great video concept! Lovely song too. I am soooo ready for new music.

13. circasurviver

Trusted

Been meaning to check these guys out.

14. defmytones

Regular

Wow, Anthony sounds fantastic here. Something about his vocals on the last two albums felt very rough to me. Very exited for this.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Their last album had some really good parts on it and some really boring parts. Im looking for to this, but not expecting much. This first song falls under the long and boring category, unfortunately. Hopefully there are some bangers on the album.

16. aniafc

Trusted

Because they aren't that big anymore.

The last album's from both TBS and NFG underperformed (and I like both of them)

17. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Meh. It's alright. I'll have to give it a few more listens. Really stoked for the whole record tho.

18. The chorus is weak, meandering, and pointless, and yet somehow still feels like it was supposed to be a chorus so it doesn't end up feeling like the song knows what it wants to be. The verses and outro especially are very beautiful though, I really liked them. The only album I've liked by Circa is BSN, although OLG has grown on me. At least it sounds like there will be some beautiful moments. Anthony could also stand to be a little less obtuse with his lyrics, I wish they had more focus.

Seems like fans of the band are happy though, so that's good.

latortuga likes this.
  19. Bass0820

Song is great. Circa is still great. But does anyone else just not like Hopeless Records anymore? I wish they could have stayed on Equal Vision

Bryan Diem likes this.
  20. Guilherme Brandao

Regular

Cool song/Cool video

21. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Pre-ordered so I will actually own a copy and will have to give it a fair shake over multiple listens. I have just never been able to get into Circa Survive, despite my appreciation of Anthony Green growing substantially over the years. I feel as if, in liking the Saosin and Sound of Animals Fighting albums as much as I do, I should be into the rest of his work. That has yet to be the case, though.

22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Really like this, I got a heavy On Letting Go vibe from the start.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  23. parkerxcore Jul 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2017)
    parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I'm confused on your Hopeless Records remaining on Equal Vision comment.

24. thomas9059

I can't see anything :-/

25. MegT585

Trusted

I really wish I loved this song....but it is just really boring to me. Anthony Green and anything he puts out will always be special to me. I will keep trying. Hopefully it will grow on me.