Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kesha – “Praying” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. DearCory

Regular

Incredibly powerful and moving.

Stevangelion and aniafc like this.
  3. aniafc

Trusted

What a song

Stevangelion likes this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This makes me so happy. I know she gets a lot of flack, but I've always loved her.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This song rules and damn her vocals on this are powerful.

Stevangelion and DejaMoi like this.
  6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Good song...I've always loved the first record so that sound or some version of it is what I was hoping for. No so much a ballad. Hopefully there's some bangers

7. When the strings come in.... damn. I love how it take its time to build up. Such a powerful song and a strong return.

Stevangelion likes this.
  8. Jakob Allen

Trusted

Glad she's showing what she is capable of. Great song

Stevangelion likes this.
  9. Considering the context of this song, this is an incredible way to reintroduce herself back to the mainstream. Can't believe what she went through. She shows a lot of strength here, and I'm really excited to hear what else she has in store.

kidwithhelmet and Stevangelion like this.
  10. Spenny

Regular

Incredible. Welcome back Kesha!

tyramail likes this.
  11. SetYourGoals

Only 9 comments until someone mentioned a female singer's weight. Maybe a new record?!

12. Mike

If you're being sincere about lacking synonyms for "chubby", you could use the word "heavy" or "full bodied". I will assume, by the first part of the comment, that you didn't mean it to be degrading, though the reason you're getting backlash is partially due to Kesha's previous struggles with her weight (and Lukaz Gottwald's disgusting response to those problems, among his other disgusting behaviour). Within that context, your comment comes off as terribly insensitive.

As for the song, I'm hopeful that this marks the beginning of a reinvigorated career. It takes a great deal of courage to be so open and honest about her struggles. Her success will likely also empower other survivors of sexual assault to find their voice and speak up! I'm definitely looking forward to this album!

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Holy man, good for her. I think this album is going to be fantastic

14. chcougar1

Trusted

Powerful

15. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Was not expecting to have much of a reaction to this, but god damn. Hope she finds success.

16. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

HOLY. SHIT. I mean I always knew hidden under all the effects was an amazing voice / artist. But this, just wow.