Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Recording With Beau Burchell

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Interesante

3. zachmacD

Trusted

Man, I hope this is good. After the still searching tour, I realized how much I prefer the newer stuff over liey/ss era of the band

Davjs likes this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Wait, what? Please explain

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The last two favorites have been arguably my favorite era of the band, but unfortunately Buddy's been pretty adamant of this sounding like the midpoint between LIEY and SS

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Buddy had said that they're making the record sound like something from the LIEY days.. not particularly stoked since I think Renacer is king.

Christian Romero likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup... such a bummer.

8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Still Searching is certainly my favorite incarnation of their sound, but I'd drastically prefer something more towards Renacer than I would anything sounding like LIEY.

bobsheiskawy and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would pay stupid money to help fund a Bayonet full length.. that EP is one of the best IMO.

Davjs and AgonizingFir like this.
  10. Raditz

SSJ

This has me curious. Such a regression could be bad, but perhaps he can pull it off. If not, I will be displeased. And a displeased Saiyan isn't a good thing.

11. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

The newest post in the Senses Fail Facebook says the album is called "If There Is Light It Will Find You"

Raditz likes this.
  12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Oh I thought buddy was out and the kid was in

13. zachmacD

Trusted

If we get anything like wounds, carry the weight, or safehouse I'll be happy. Also, if they're going to go this route I hope they go with a more polished sound. I think the production on linawr and the fire really took away from the poppier songs on those records

waterloobeam likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

If you follow buddy on Instagram- watch his story. He's been posting clips from the studio and it definitely sounds very much like the old Senses Fail which... ehhh

15. I want a Renacer 2 plz

16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Whatever happened to Buddys side project with the real dumb long name? They released 2 songs and then faded.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

ConArdist likes this.
  18. DesolateEarth

Birb

2007 me would have been so pumped for this. 2017 me could not care less for a throwback to that sound.

19. cbronder1

Regular

I think it'll sound new and fresh while still sounding like older senses fail. I'm very excited for this album.

js977 likes this.
  20. cbronder1

Regular

They recorded a full length and it's currently being mixed and mastered.

21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

LINAWR is my favorite record of the old era, but I really wish they kept the new direction they've done. The shows on those album cycles were always fun going from old song to heavy song

22. Bass0820

Buddy says there's not gonna be much heaviness on the record because he's in a good place in his life now and doesn't need to expel any energy through heaviness, and that it would feel forced and insincere if he did

Jusscali likes this.
  23. zachmacD

Trusted

Where'd you hear this?

24. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

I'm excited. But really here to say Alex Rodriguez is the most underrated drummer in the scene. Fuckin' tasty technical.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It's a shame he never played drums for any other artists/bands.