Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

McCafferty – Thanks. Sorry. Sure.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

McCafferty are just the latest band to come out of the machine that is Take This To Heart Records. Their new EP, Thanks. Sorry. Sure., gives you a taste of what the band has to offer. They have a versatility that shows with each song. The band started a GoFundMe campaign in order to work on this EP before the label picked them up and the result is great. The duo is the latest band out of the Ohio music scene, which seems to be producing some great bands lately.

“Trailer Trash” immediately grabs your attention with some shouting before the song truly comes in. From there, they hook you with lyrics like “I’m the worst of the worst,” that give a raw perspective on their thoughts and emotions. “Cut Out The Pieces” and “Daddy Long Legs” both get some acoustic guitar to start the songs. The band does a nice job of blending the acoustic aspect in with the full band sound even though there’s only two members.

The band has a little fun with “SOWK,” which is a play on “Somewhere Only We Know” by Keane. But even though it’s fun, it feels a tad out of place in the EP since it’s more of a hip-hop beat than something the band would actually be playing live. From there, they go right into “Outlaw,” which is played fully with acoustic guitar and feels more intimate than the rest of the songs on the album.

The EP closes out with “Dead Bird II” and it falls more in line with the first half. Overall, Thanks. Sorry. Sure. is a solid release from the band. It gives you an insight into their lives and what they’ve been through. The band took a break and this is the first release since they’ve been back. If you’re interested in more on that and the recording, I recorded an episode of Missaligned with Nick.

You can probably skip “SOWK” if you really want and still find this to be a fun EP to listen to. But whatever you do, at least give it a shot.

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I've said it in the Soroity Noise tour forum earlier this year, Nick is a really good guy and really deserves all the success they can get. I worked with him at Target when McCafferty was on hiatus and he is awesome. I recently saw them play a local show and people went nuts over them. Please give this a listen! I am so glad to see this on chorus.fm and it is a great review @Deanna

3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Thank you!! Definitely think everyone should be checking this band out haha.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Just came across them on Spotifys hot tracks thing, pretty good

Turkeylegz and Deanna like this.
  5. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

New favorite band via this write-up

Deanna and Turkeylegz like this.
  6. Vegetables

Regular

The Front Bottoms vibes are strong.

7. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

He had a track on his last album ("Bottom") where he essentially calls out fans who accuse him of ripping off TFB. I think I read somewhere the two bands are friends though.