Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Brendon Urie Talks New Panic! Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco talked with Entertainment Weekly:

When we have the two-a-days, I don’t leave. I stay there and work on music and tour ideas. I’ll watch a movie and write lyrics or whatever. It’s definitely bizarre. There’s no way I can’t let some of the Broadway production seep into it. That’s something that’s Panic! always done, we’ve always wanted to create that production show, just mimicking Cirque du Soleil and Broadway shows, so I think that’s going to continue and only get better now that I’ve had some hands-on experience with it. I can’t wait for a live show and an album. I think it’s just going to be a lot of fun.

heymattrick likes this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Brendon's drive is insane. There's a reason why his band just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

3. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

He was fucking AMAZING in this.

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Would be cool if he performed the new album as a Broadway musical type of setting. I probably wouldn't like the music itself but could be a cool idea fleshed out

beachdude42 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  5. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Yo if we end up getting a grown-up Panic! version of a tour like Nothing Rhymes with Circus, I would be so there

6. Mike

Hopefully he channels something akin to Forgive Durden's Razia's Shadow. I think that would be a fantastic direction for him to go!

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Definitely, I think his time on Broadway is going to mean some interesting things for the next Panic! album

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I heard some of the audiences have been nightmares at Kinky Boots. Screaming when Brendan is onstage like it is a concert, taking videos, standing up and dancing midshow.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

That's incredibly not surprising, sadly. Considering the Panic! fan-base has a significant *stan* population, and the general trend of them being younger, I hope that the show-runners place additional emphasis on theater etiquette, and have tighter rules for the shows.

10. quietwords

I heard most of this info from the first week of performances, so I am sure it has changed since then (I hope). I read some of the other actors reactions too and they were very nice about it, but I can only imagine how frustrating that is.

skogsraet and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  11. heymattrick

Sending my love

I think Panic's definitely due for a full-on concept album.

skogsraet and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  12. cricketandclover Jun 28, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2017)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I saw the show within the past week and there was none of this. He got a very loud cheer when he first appeared but everyone was behaved until the bows, when people started leaving to get a good spot at the stage door barricade. That was incredibly rude. The stage door was predictably outrageously packed.

13. quietwords

Glad to hear it was mostly positive when you saw it!

14. heymattrick

Sending my love

This was my experience too, although I didn't notice people leaving during bows (although to be fair, I didn't realize this was a thing, yet alone a problem when I saw the show). Lots of Panic! fans there but were very respectful. Didn't even go near the stage door.