Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Ataris Release New Bandcamp Collection

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Ataris have posted up a collection of songs called Silver Turns to Rust on Bandcamp. Tracks 1-4 are from the forthcoming1 album The Graveyard of the Atlantic, tracks 5-10 are from the October in This Railroad Earth EP, and the last two tracks are unreleased demos.

1. Perpetually forthcoming.

2. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

When did they first announce The Graveyard of the Atlantic? Was it 2010?

fenway89 likes this.
  3. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Roughly. And they've been putting out these same 4 songs in various forms since

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Seems like they wanted to have some vinyl to sell for Warped Tour this summer. I reluctantly purchased the two unreleased demos...

I'm a pretty patient person. And I really like the tracks that they've released from this supposed record. And I fully understand that it takes time to write records and all that... But holy hell, am I starting to lose interest in this. Haha.

Raku likes this.
  5. noKings

Regular

1-2-3-4

6. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Graveyard of the Atlantic is the Chinese Democracy of the pop punk universe.

Raku, JimmyIymmiJ and church11 like this.
  7. sirata107

The notation on "forthcoming" is the best thing I've seen.

Raku and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  8. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Lol even the two demos are in other compilations on that same bandcamp so literally all of these have already been released and are either free or one dollar

Raku likes this.
  9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Are they putting this on vinyl? I thought it was just another bandcamp release...

10. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

i've been saying the same thing too.

Raku, fenway89 and GetUpAndrew like this.
  11. MightyBrian

It is just another bandcamp release, but they are only selling 450 of them on cd.

12. aniafc

Trusted

No, that's the album from Brand New that may or may not ever come

mattylikesfilms and GetUpAndrew like this.
  13. jorbjorb

7 rings

Time to hang it up guys.

Raku likes this.
  14. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Can't believe it's been 10 years since the last proper album.

Raku likes this.
  15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

At least Brand New hasn't re-released any tracks from their forth coming album. Can't tell who is faking writing an album harder.

Raku and Anarchivist like this.
  16. I remember hearing All Souls Day on the Warped 2009 comp. I was so excited for the new album. I was 19. I'm pushing 30 now. Goddammit.

Raku, elphshelf, fenway89 and 3 others like this.
  17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Ah, it's seriously just a compact disc release? Jesus. I don't know what they're even trying to achieve at this point...

Raku likes this.
  18. MightyBrian

i think i was 28 (those were good times) now im 36

19. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

"Tracked on a 1978 Neve 8078 console, using only vintage amps, guitars and microphones.
    All songs recorded and mixed to Analog tape."

And then left unreleased for a decade, to get that vintage vibe.

Raku, fenway89, Erwin89 and 7 others like this.
  20. tobytobes

Regular

"Like a fine wine, this Le Ataris vino has been aged a decade in the caskets of the Amarillo..."

Raku, JimmyIymmiJ and MrCon like this.
  21. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

All Souls Day had me so excited way back then, because I think it's one of his best songs. All of the Graveyard of the Atlantic tracks are pretty great actually, but it being a "forthcoming album" is a total joke at this point. Just count this as the album and move on.

22. thecobrakais

Regular

as annoying as they've been over the last decade, i have to say i love the production on these tracks. i still listen to their older stuff, but haven't given these much attention. definitely bringing back some memories.

23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

All Souls Day is what got me in to the band from the 09 warped sampler.

That means this band has been a perpetual disappointment from the beginning for me. Not sure I'll even care if the album ever gets released

Raku, Damien Davies and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  24. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I love all these songs but man is this album ever going to come out? Have to wonder if it's a label issue or it just isn't finished / up to his standards.

Raku likes this.
  25. Steven Price

These comments are hilarious. Definitely lol'd at a few of them. So Could it be a Money thing? Or I've heard kris is kind of psycho when it comes to everything being perfect.

i will say I have enjoyed those songs in all their various forms over the last 10 yrs , but damn.. "forthcoming" that is a complete joke