Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ron Howard to Direct Han Solo Movie

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Ron Howard has officially signed on to direct the new Han Solo film:

The move comes two days after directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller were let go from the movie they had spent over four-and-a-half months directing. Creative differences over style and tone came to a head between the duo and Lawrence Kasdan, with the studio backing the veteran screenwriter.

2. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

This is extremely okay

coleslawed likes this.
  3. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

He's a fantastic director when he's not tackling Dan Brown books, but I just can't get excited about this news.

GEM37 likes this.
  4. Haven't liked a Ron Howard movie since Rush, and I didn't love that. I'm sure it'll be fine.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Rrrrrrrrandom, holy random Batman.

6. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Me either, but to be fair since then all he has directed movie wise is another shitty Da Vinci code sequel and In the Heart of the Sea which wasn't tooo bad.

7. I think I fell asleep. Hahaa. The movies before Rush weren't super great either. Haha.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Fox83

Trusted

It sounds like Kasdan and Kennedy want their vision to come through, so Howard is a safe pick and will be fine. With that said, I was excited about Lord/Miller, especially considering I think the Solo film is not want I want to begin with.

9. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i know people hear him and think arrested development but let's not forget, you know, all the dan brown movies

10. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

And you know, Cindarella Man, A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, Parenthood, Frost/Nixon (he says hoping you dont mention any of the other piece of shit movies he has made haha)

smowashere and coleslawed like this.
  11. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

haha, well, i'm not the biggest fans of some of those either

12. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

I still don't want this film. Would've much preferred the Boba Fett or Obi-wan spin off.

13. DooDooBird

Trusted

Parenthood. Such a gem. (I'm serious)

14. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Haha yeah sentimental favorite for me for sure.

15. zachmacD

Trusted

I know there were talks of a bounty hunter movie. Is that still something they're kicking around or no?