Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Good Old War Announces New EPs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Good Old War will release Part of Me, the first of three new EPs, this summer. Tim Arnold has also rejoined the band. The full press release is below.

Good Old War returns this summer as the trio their fans have come to know and love. Drummer/vocalist Tim Arnold rejoins Keith Goodwin and Dan Schwartz as the band readies three EPs and takes their unforgettable live show back on the road, starting July 24th in Columbus, OH and wrapping August 6th in Brooklyn, NY. The first EP, Part Of Me, will be released in August (date tba), but fans will get a taste of what’s to come on July 21st with the release of the title track, “Part Of Me.”
    Good Old War has spent the past five years building an incredible live following with their acoustic-driven, sing-along-inspiring live performances, both as a headliner and support for a diverse group of artists including Alison Krauss, Joshua Radin, Guster, Brandi Carlile, Dispatch and Dr. Dog.

Tour Dates

Mon, 7/24 – Columbus, OH @ Rumba Café
    Tues, 7/25 – Chicago, IL @ Subterranean
    Thur, 7/27 – Omaha, NE @ The Slowdown
    Fri, 7/28 – Boulder, CO @ Fox Theatre
    Mon, 7/31 – Indianapolis, IN @ The Hi-Fi
    Tues, 8/1 – Pontiac, MI @ The Pike Room at Crofoot
    Wed, 8/2 – Millvale, PA @ The Funhouse at Mr. Smalls
    Thur, 8/3 – Philadelphia, PA @ World Café Live
    Fri, 8/4 – Allston, MA @ Great Scott
    Sat, 8/5 – South Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground
    Sun, 8/6 – Brooklyn, NY @ Baby’s All Right

KidLightning likes this.
  2. Yesss. Very excited for new music from them and awesome that they're a trio again. Really interested to see if that means they'll be moving back towards a folkier direction of if they'll continue down the BIBS route. They haven't had a bad release yet, either way. Not sure how I feel about the whole three EPs thing though cause I feel like that strategy is pretty easy to botch.

KidLightning likes this.
  3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'm hoping it means they'll explore the various sides of their sound. Whatever it is, I'm very excited about the prospect of new music from them, just wish we didn't have to wait another month+ for a new song.

Mr. Serotonin and trevorshmevor like this.
  4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

please have choruses again that are not just the name of the song repeating 10x. love you guys, but that trend has gotta stop.

Thomas Nassiff likes this.
  5. That describes like 3 of the songs on their last record, and even one of those would be a stretch...

KidLightning likes this.
  6. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Love these guys. Excited to hear the upcoming EPs

Really cool that Tim is back as well

Will definitely check out that Brooklyn show

7. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Was kind of hoping the press release would explain the 3 EP route instead of just a full length.

8. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

if they were without Tim for a certain amount of time then wouldn't their name have had to change to Good War

thank you

AshlandATeam and artbynickferran like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I really liked the last record, but only listen to it when i'm sad for some reason, haha.

10. rbf737

Regular

Love this news. Was just spinning some of their stuff again recently. I really didn't get into the last album nearly as much as the debut or Come Back As Rain (my fave). Think it's interesting that the one with guest writers was my least favorite from them overall.

11. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

Stoked for this! Grabbed my tickets to see them in Boston! "Come As Rain" is one of my favorite records. Having Tim back- I hope this will lead to a follow up from that record, rather than where they left off with "Broken into Better Shape".