Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Halsey Has a Number One Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Halsey has the number one album in country this week.

Pop singer-songwriter Halsey notches her first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart, as her second full-length studio effort, Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, debuts atop the list. The set, which was released on June 2 through Astralwerks Records, earned 106,000 equivalent album units in the week ending June 9, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 76,000 were in traditional album sales.

2. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Really surprised this did as well as it has. I absolutely loved Badlands, but the only songs I found to be listenable from this album besides the three singles are "100 Words" and "Bad At Love". So, out of thirteen songs on the normal album (or sixteen on the deluxe), I only kept five. I listened to this album five or six times, and it just didn't resonate with me overall. That's not good. Better luck next time Halsey. Now I'm just looking forward to the Lorde album this Friday!!

Turkeylegz likes this.
  3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

That seems like quite the drop for All Time Low. What happened here?

Matt504 likes this.
  4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Being on a #1 song forever and having a #2 debut album add up.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yea I felt like All Time Low got a real good push, surprised this didn't sell more...

6. Kaduck

Regular

I'm actually enjoying the new Halsey album a bit more than I thought I would. It feels like an album, created as a whole, and not just a collection of songs thrown together, if that makes any sense. I still tend to listen to albums and not just singles or playlists. Always been a preferred way for me to listen to music.

7. DearCory Jun 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2017)
    DearCory

Regular

I think it was way too long of an album roll out.... they've been pushing this album for months, with that I feel like all the hype just died out about 2 months back.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

ooooooof

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I definitely agree. I also think it had to do with the fact that half of the album was already premiered before the release date during that rollout. And I don't think those songs were that well received by the fangirl fan base, from what I've gathered. I love the album though, hoping their tour does well.