Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Grosses Analysis: Brendon Urie Gives ‘Kinky Boots’ a Lift

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Playbill is reporting that Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco has contributed to a nice uptick in sales for the Kinky Boots musical:

As expected, Kinky Boots’ capacity has increased above 90 percent, while its gross potential has hovered around there as well as Panic! fans catch the lead singer’s Broadway debut. The last time the musical had made over $1 million in a non-holiday week was Wayne Brady’s final set of performances as Lola in the week ending March 27, 2016.

2. heymattrick

Sending my love

Got the chance to see Kinky Boots last Wednesday and it was a great time. Didn't really know what to expect but enjoyed it quite a bit, and Brendon did great. Theater was pretty full even though when I looked at tickets a few days before on Ticketmaster, there were tons available.

On Twitter it sounds like there's been some drama with overzealous fans trying to meet Brendon afterwards. Sounds like he won't be coming out to meet/sign for fans much longer.

Turkeylegz and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. aniafc

Trusted

What's been going on?

4. heymattrick

Sending my love

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. aniafc

Trusted