Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jack Ewald of Modern Baseball Debuts New Solo Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jack Ewald of Modern Baseball has released a new song called “Building the Ark” under the moniker Slaughter Beach, Dog. You can stream that below. He also talked with Fader about the future of Modern Baseball and his upcoming EP Motorcycle.jpg:

We had a talk a few months before it happened — I don’t know if we’ve told anyone this. We all sat down and said, “We’re getting really tired. This is kind of crazy. We should slow down soon.” And then we did that European tour where we announced at the last-minute that [co-frontman Brendan Lukens] wasn’t going to come. When we made the decision to slow down, we already had a lot of tours booked. We were like, oh yeah we can make it through all of this, we’ll be fine. But then as we started to be confronted with those tours we realized we didn’t know if we were going to be able to go through with all of them. We were so burnt out, and ready to be done with it for a little while.

2. Pretty sure it's Jake Ewald

Blake Solomon likes this.
  3. Fixed. Brain fart type.

BigMouth likes this.
  4. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I really like this song. But I absolutely love Modern Baseball, and that interview doesn't read like good news on MoBo coming back any time soon, if ever at all. Which is a bummer.

5. I'm glad that Jake is still writing music. I love his song writing and vocals so much.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  6. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

This is good. Don't listen to Modern Baseball but I like this.

Album name of "MOTORCYCLE.JPG" is funky too. In a good way. I thought it was a typo until I saw the album art haha.

7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Also, if you like this track at all you owe it to yourself to check out the band LVL UP.

8. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Jake must be a fan of southern Delaware with a band name like that. Ha

9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I enjoy his concepts for this project, pretty interesting output, and love some of the live sessions he did, the one for Audiotree the most!