Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The 1975’s Other Project, Drive Like I Do, to Release Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Matty Healy of The 1975 has confirmed on Twitter that the band are working on their new album, Music For Cars. That’s not really news. However, he also mentioned that Drive Like I Do, one of the names the band went by before they settled on The 1975, will be working on and releasing their “debut album” in the “coming few years” as well.

The 1975 are currently working on the final instalment of their trilogy of albums: Music For Cars

— matty (@Truman_Black) June 7, 2017

The 1975 and Drive Like I Do are separate entities

Drive Like I Do will release their debut album during spring time in the coming few years

2. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

does anyone know what genre this project is supposed to be?

3. Mack

I don't like raisins.

My understanding is Drive Like I Do is more of an alternative, pop punk driven project. At least they were before the 1975 came to be.

4. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

But the real question is, which will happen first...the DLID album, or playing Antichrist live?

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  5. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

That's what I was hoping. Pretty excited for this.

truelovewaits likes this.
  6. Yeah there are some old DLID songs you can find on YouTube. Would be interesting to see if that model/style stays the same.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

I wonder if they got the name idea form drive like jehu lol.

I just listened to drive like I do - Lost Boys and it's pretty good.

8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Is it going to be the same guys just not under The 1975 banner?

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

yep

10. As someone who isn't very familiar with their timeline, it is a bit confusing. So they're going to release powerpop-y versions of some of The 1975 debut's songs like Girls and Chocolate as well right ? Or these songs were written way later ?

11. Whoaaa I don't think that's every happening. Matty stated that the two bands are two separate entities. DLID existed before the 1975, but I imagine that when DLID do finally releases an album in a few years, it'll be all brand-new songs. Just songs in a different style than 1975

12. aniafc

Trusted

what kind of announcement is this? "in the coming few years"
    This would be interesting to hear. Never listened to them before they came to be the 1975. Gonna try to find some of those DLID songs on youtube.

13. This is the kind of news I like to hear

14. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

I would murder for this to be real

15. This is a great primer for Drive Like I Do if you haven't heard of them before

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Is there a rip of this anywhere split into separate tracks?

17. Not that I know of, but if you find it let me know!

18. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Most anticipated releases.

19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Well. I loved that. It's the stadium rock tendencies I love about a few 1975 tracks, but as a band.

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Very interested in this.