Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Gerard Way Talks with Billboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Gerard Way talked to Billboard about his upcoming work with comics, and mentioned in passing a little about My Chemical Romance:

“I wouldn’t count (a reunion) out, but at the same time everybody’s doing stuff in their lives now that they’re really enjoying,” Way says. “In some ways I don’t really miss it; It had gotten so big it was very unwieldy. It took a toll on my mental life and personal life. The thing I’m happiest about right now is everybody’s relationships with each other are really strong. That’s more important than anything else to me.”

And a second solo album:

Way is also starting to eyeball a second solo album, with “a bunch of stuff I’ve written over the past couple of years” already in motion. “I’m just about to seriously figure out my schedule in terms of how many weeks I’m writing comics and how many weeks I’m writing music,” Way explains. “There’s a plan to put something out; I don’t know when that’ll come, but the process is starting.”

2. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

So he's saying there's a chance...

3. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

It's obviously going to happen in the next five years

smowashere likes this.
  4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I need him to actually come here on a solo tour. Then they can reunite later.

5. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Without a doubt. At least an NJ/NYC show and a California show. I know this comeback could easily do MSG but they're the type of band to do 2 shows at Starland and a possible secret show at Maxwell's.

House Of Wolves likes this.
  6. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Well that's pretty far removed from "never". Saying everyone is busy with their own stuff is exactly what FOB kept saying before they got back together.

Gosh I hope one day just to see them again.

SteveLikesMusic and skogsraet like this.
  7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i feel like its pretty much a standard response to that type of question thats always followed up with some sort of reunion haha. its the first step.

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

His solo album ruled.

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Id be shocked if it didn't happen, they would make all the $$$

10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I will travel wherever for this.

Joe4th, skogsraet and Kiana like this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I'm still beating myself up over the fact that I was busy on the day his solo tour came to my town

12. circasurviver

Trusted

It's obviously going to happen for TBP 20th anniversary.

13. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

y'all are giving me too much hope. MCR was my favorite band for a long time, I played those four records for like two years straight and I am the type of person to always be looking for patterns and signs

heymattrick and AelNire like this.
  14. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Mine too, mine too. I'm still not over them breaking up.

skogsraet likes this.
  15. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

The only reunion that would genuinely surprise me at this point would be The Smiths. MCR will absolutely come back.

16. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Gimme gimme some more of that Gerard Way music news! So excited that he is working on 2nd album solo ideas, and stoked that the MCR reunion will eventually happen.

17. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Oasis will surprise me.

pauljgreco likes this.
  18. Behind the Barricade

They're an odd band because it seems like one day the Gallaghers love each other and the next day they're throwing shit haha. If I was a betting man, I'd say Oasis would reunite for at least a festival before MCR does.

Ben Lee likes this.
  19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I think Oasis will be surprising only because that reunion won't be surprising if that makes sense.

Ben Lee likes this.
  20. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Also, when I say Oasis I mean like an entire reunion; tour, new record, the whole nine yards. THAT would surprise me about Oasis. Could totally see them doing a couple of festivals and cashing in though.

21. really? are they THAT popular?

22. Behind the Barricade

Absolutely! If they do come back full time, it'll be like Fall Out Boy or Blink's reunion. The demand is still insane and it was proven when they released that teaser video. If they came back and did a tour with The Used and Taking Back Sunday (for example), I can see that doing arenas and possibly amphitheaters.

pauljgreco and bradsonemanband like this.
  23. yeah i guess i could see that.

24. Behind the Barricade

Obviously they couldn't do arenas by themselves with a no-name opener on their comeback tour but with the right lineup, it could be a very profitable tour. I can see MCR/TBS/The Used and Thursday on one bill with maybe an opener. It'll be like Taste of Chaos but it'll definitely sell better.

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Idk I could see MCR doing arenas even with a "no-name opener". They're huge.

skogsraet, coleslawed and pauljgreco like this.