Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Neck Deep Teams Up With Keep a Breast Foundation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Neck Deep have teamed up with the Keep a Breast Foundation for a contest to win a VIP Warped Tour experience. The full press release can be found below.

The Keep A Breast Foundation and Vans Warped Tour 2017 headliners, Neck Deep, have partnered to raise awareness about breast cancer prevention all summer long. Keep A Breast and Neck Deep kicked off #NDLovesKAB campaign, where one lucky fan and a friend will win the ultimate Vans Warped Tour VIP fan experience. The ultimate Vans Warped Tour VIP fan experience prize package will entitle one lucky fan and a friend a round trip flight (from the same airport) to the June 23rd Las Vegas date of the Vans Warped Tour and will include: Breakfast with Neck Deep, Vans Warped Tour Backstage Access for 2, Fil Thorpe-Evans’ Personal Ernie Ball Bass Guitar (signed by the band), and Neck Deep & Keep A Breast swag bag! To enter, fans are encouraged to text ‘NeckDeep’ to 41444 to donate $10 in support of Keep A Breast, and be entered to win the ultimate VIP fan experience. With every $10 donation, fans are entitled to one entry and the number of entries are unlimited. The campaign kicked off May 22nd and will conclude at 11:59pm PST June 5th, with the winner announced on June 6th.
    Now celebrating their 17th anniversary, Keep A Breast’s relationship with the music industry runs deep. For over a decade they’ve been spreading their message of prevention at the Vans Warped Tour via their Traveling Education Booth; a touring, interactive educational platform that teaches festival goers about breast cancer prevention through living a non-toxic lifestyle.

“We are so stoked to be partnering with Keep A Breast this summer to help support a really important cause that we all care about greatly. We have been close with the Keep A Breast’s team for a long time and really believe in what they do. They are an awesome team of people trying to make the world a better place and we’re proud to be working together this summer for a good cause.” – Fil Thorpe-Evans, bassist of Neck Deep

The #NDLovesKAB fundraiser is a way to create awareness around Keep A Breast’s mission, as well as generate funds for their programs. Looking to the future, the organization will continue creating innovative programming for men and women impacted by cancer with an eye on eliminating cancer-causing toxins in our daily environment – especially those linked to the initiation of breast cancer.

“We want to inspire younger generations to have a different attitude about breast cancer prevention. Our partnership with Neck Deep and the Vans Warped Tour is vital to our success.” – Shaney jo Darden, Founder of Keep A Breast

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

oh cool, band who mistreats underage girls tries to distract by making it seem like they care for other causes

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Ikr. People that have done stupid things in the past should never try to change for the better. How dare they!!!!!

4. cwhit

except they never acknowledged anything other than use one member as a scapegoat?

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Implying they can't change for the better years after that. I fail to see why the band helping a foundation is something that should be viewed as anything other than positive.

molassescookies and Ourchestra like this.
  6. cwhit

if trump decided to donate money to aid breast cancer research, would that excuse all the horrible things he's done? would it show change and accountability??

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

You realize you're comparing a politician who has had numerous accounts of various negative and stupid actions to a band who has had a very small amount, right? That's how desperate you are at this point. There's no reason to continue. This discussion is over.

Ourchestra likes this.
  8. cwhit

not desperate. this band needs to own up to the shitty things they did and not use a scapegoat. until they acknowledge it, everything else they do is irrelevant.

9. Ourchestra Jun 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2017)
    Ourchestra

I would put quotations around politician but otherwise you're right. Also, if Trump donated money to AIDS research any normal person would just say "oh hey he did a good thing but I still hate him". Obviously it wouldnt erase all the shitty things he has done and will continue to do.

Edit: I'm agreeing with oakhurst. Meant to reply and hit quote instead.

10. dzyjay

Regular

C'mon man. They are going a good thing here. Doesn't excuse what happened before but to say they don't care about other causes it's pretty ridiculous.

11. cwhit

let me rephrase. they care for this cause but they're still horrible people and this does not make this make them look any better at all and they shouldn't get any credit for this

12. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

didn't the singer of this band just RECENTLY use the R-slur and make an extremely misogynistic tweet back on Mother's Day?

13. cwhit

i have no clue what this band has recently done, just the whole underaged nudes/using one band member as a scapegoat for actions the whole band was a part of

gross

14. Iamhollywood315

Regular

one guitarist was accused of misconduct with a fan years ago. the band moved moved on and they are doing a good thing with this cause. no need to drag everyone through the mud from the act of 1 person that happened years ago. you're just looking for a way to complain.

15. cwhit

16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

@cwhit @Iamhollywood315 Ah, it was international Women's Day just three months ago
    i'd love not to "drag" anybody, i hate complaining, but i also hate groups of shitty dudes (particularly shitty white men) pulling this shit+being assholes and people don't hold them accountable and will still stan for them no matter what.

17. cwhit

exactly. people can listen to them if they want, i'm willing to face the backlash for bringing things up

but i'm not going to stop. because the worst thing that can happen is that these things get forgotten. i won't let that happen, even if online verbal abuse continues coming my way. rather me face the verbal assault than the women who already have to deal with this more regularly

CoffeeEyes17 and AndrewSoup like this.
  18. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah fuck these guys hard, they don't deserve the platform they have.

Also does Keep A Breast still sexualize cancer? I'm sure they're doing a lot of good and raising a bunch of money for breast cancer research, but man do those " I :heart: Boobies" bracelets and shirts seem weird.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Regardless of these guys' previous actions, this is a good thing for them to do.

cosmickid likes this.
  20. TDenverFan

Regular

Not sure race needed to be brought into this, but the band isn't all white dudes FWIW