Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Top The Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Linkin Park have landed their sixth number one album:

The set earned 111,000 equivalent album units in the week ending May 25, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 100,000 were in traditional album sales. The album is Linkin Park’s seventh studio effort, and was released on May 25 through Machine Shop/Warner Bros. Records.

2. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Is it good at all?

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

I guess I'll have to take a listen.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It's hot garbage lol

truelovewaits, jorbjorb and CMilliken like this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Not even a joke, I genuinely had no idea Linkin Park was still active or had a new record. It's crazy that a record that I had literally zero knowledge/didn't hear a word about can hit number one....I'm super out of touch.

alex miller likes this.
  6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

NOW FORGET YOU HEARD ABOUT IT AS IT IS TRASH.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  7. JM95

Trusted

I hate humanity sometimes.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. farva2

Regular

Very happy to see this. Love LP

9. Joshua Diaz

More like Linkin Fart. All I hear are fart noises and constipation. All the songs were co-written by Selena Gomez/Bieber songwriters. No point in being a band if they don't even use instruments.

Ska Senanake likes this.
  10. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I think the album is pretty good. Battle Symphony and Good Goodbye are great songs. People just like to be negative

11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Several songs on the album I enjoyed quite a bit.

12. alex miller

Regular

lol i feel you.

13. JM95

Trusted

Or they have fully functioning ears.

Fox83, mattylikesfilms and macbethfan like this.
  14. dotKev

@dotkevin

Hot take: I think this is one of their best albums post Meteora.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  15. alex miller

Regular

would love to hear your thoughts on it.

after a quick once-through, it seems very uninspired. almost like they're trying to mask the fact that they are LP.

truelovewaits likes this.
  16. CMilliken

Trusted

Got three songs into it and had to turn it off. Not for me. Legitimately surprised it did this well with all the fan backlash.

17. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

I'm VERY surprised this is doing so well. I heavily defended the first single (when I secretly didn't like it), but after the rest of the singles came out and the album, I threw it out. The entire album is just cringeworthy and bad. I mean, LP's lyrics haven't always been a strong suit, but this band wrote one of the best songs I've ever heard (The Little Things Give You Away), so I know they can do better than they did here. And why did they think they needed cowriters? Sounds to me like that hurt them in the end. I'm not asking for Hybrid Theory (or Meteora) part 2, but they've gotta have better material than this.

I think the worse part about them having all this first week success means that they'll feel verified in the idea that their new music is actually good and will now continue down this terrible path as a band. Oh well.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Or people don't like cringey garbage that's past it's prime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CMilliken likes this.
  19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

They reported Kendrick was gonna be 1st this week early on. Disappointed that didn't happen lol

20. Joshua Diaz

I agree man now they're going to let it get to their heads. Chester already threatening to beat up people who don't like this album.

21. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Linkin Park still sells out arenas, how are people still confused on how this sold so well? I heard the album and I'm a huge LP fan. It's an ok album but they were basically all over the place. I wish they would've stuck to a mainstream radio pop album or an alternative pop album instead of trying to do both.

Davjs likes this.
  22. aniafc

Trusted

I mean they've never really made the same record twice, so i wouldn't be too concerned with them making another pop record.

Davjs and FTank like this.
  23. reesy

The record stinks. And the comments from the lead singer have made me hate it even more. NEXT!

24. MegaButterfree

Regular

Invisible is a pretty good song. Didn't care for Heavy at all though. I don't know if I'll listen to the whole album. I'm not a huge LP fan.

25. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

You missed a perfect lame joke opportunity to say all the songs were co-written by farts. Come on man step up your forum game

Former Planets likes this.