Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mikey Way Talks New Project and the End of My Chemical Romance

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mikey Way sat down with Billboard:

The band ended, and I was going through a divorce at the same time. I do the most stressful things in clumps. The way I knew how to deal with that, through life, was to self-medicate so that’s what I did. The tail end of My Chem was so dark for me — I was in a fog. Life caught up with me at that point, and I was getting by. I was in the ocean with the water by my lips. I was trying to stay up and I was failing. I had always self-soothed through narcotics from an early age.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Nice, I remember the song, but forgot all about this band. Cool to see them up and running again.

3. I remember reading lots of awful things (something about an affair, hence the divorce I guess) about him at the time, but I also didn't know he was a drug addict. Glad he got his life back.