Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Makes Me Laugh (Encore Episode 148) Podcast

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 19, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

On this week’s episode of Encore I am once again joined by special guest Drew Beringer. This week we talk all about the new albums from New Found Glory and Paramore. First we catch up a little (Drew got married!), talk a little basketball, Funkos, the usual. Then we dive into the most recent releases from New Found Glory and Paramore and talk about their place in the music scene and their careers as a whole. Mixed within is a talk about Blink-182 and if they should shake it up with a new producer like NFG did (spoiler: probably), and a talk about leaks not mattering much these days, and how we feel about long wait times between album announcements.

Hosts

Show Notes

Subscribe

You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, in Google Play, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, or on SoundCloud.

If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!

If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.

Information about sponsoring our podcast can be found on this page, and if you become a member you get episodes a day early along with a bunch of other perks.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Welcome. This is Encore.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

4. Jason, I don't know how I feel about my Chorus subscription paying for your new Funko addiction

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

5. :spiderman:

My 5 Spidey-People will take over the world.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Wait a minute, this is a podcast that discusses the NBA, funko, comic books, and Blink 182?

I'm just gonna listen to this thing, record myself yelling my opinions at you all, and then send it along haha.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. nsgob22

Newbie Supporter

How is the movielife record?

8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Nice episode fellas. I have to confess, but I have no idea what funko toys are. I was thinking fungo bats from my childhood.

Broadripple is a cool area in Indianapolis, minus some of the nightlife haha. Monan Trail is my shit though. I will be in that area this weekend for the 500.

9. [​IMG]

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Those are pretty cool. Surprised there is not a batman one in there.

Also, nice canvas. Costco is seriously no joke with those things. So much better than a framed picture.

11. timcsheehan

Regular

@Jason Tate @Drew Beringer you guys talked briefly about Paramore not just being Hayley and it being more about the band. Have you guys listened to the New York Times Popcast episode about it? They mention that Hayley is the only member signed to the label. Just curious on your thoughts.

12. Jason Tate May 22, 2017
    (Last edited: May 22, 2017)
    This is like 6 years old "news" haha. I don't care at all personally. Lots of bands/groups are structured this way. Haha.

13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Can't go wrong with WWE Funko.

14. CMilliken

Trusted

Interesting thoughts on Blink. I honesty thought Tom was the one who was trying to push their sound to something else. Neighborhoods showed a more mature and adventurous sound from them. I know the album is hated but at least I felt they were shooting for something different.