Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Travis Barker Appears on “The Doctors”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Travis Barker of Blink-182 appeared on the TV show “The Doctors” on Monday to talk about recovering from a deadly plane crash in 2008. Some clips from the show can be seen on Huffington Post:

“The doctors said, ‘You’re probably going to be on most of these drugs for the rest of your life because you went through such a horrific experience, and you’re dealing with bipolar disorder. You’ll probably never play drums again, you’ll never run again,’” he recalled on the program this week.

“Then the challenge was in my mind just to prove them wrong,” he said. “I had to wean myself off of every drug, start playing the drums immediately, run, and then I became even healthier than I ever was before the plane accident.”

2. Tom Lee

Regular

Really cool to see. I don't pay attention to Blink much anymore, but I've always admired Travis' work ethic, and commitment to getting better particularly after such a horrific trauma.

3. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I guess I never really appreciated the gravity of travis' accident. Unbelievable story, so much respect for the dude.

4. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Just wanted to add that I hate this show and its pseudo-medical premise.

honkytonk likes this.
  5. honkytonk May 18, 2017
    (Last edited: May 19, 2017)
    honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Travis Barker's work ethic and motivation to live a healthier life is commendable, what a turnaround. Didn't know he had Barrett's Esophagus, sounds like it can really compromise your way of life.