Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

An Oral History of ‘No Pads, No Helmets…Just Balls’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Simple Plan did a little oral history of No Pads, No Helmets…Just Balls over at Alt Press:

That record could have taken, at the most, two months to make; it took a year. We were living in very close quarters, sleeping in a windowless room with bunkbeds. We were cooking for ourselves, which is normal, but nobody knew how to cook, so it was horrible. It was a tedious process. Arnold had this vision where he would say, “You guys record yourself, I’m going to come back and criticize and edit it,” and that’s exactly what he’d do. He would leave us days at a time in the studio, I would record the whole album, he would come back and be, like, “Yeah, you could do better,” and scratch everything I did. It was frustrating.

Reset was still better.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Listen, I enjoy the album as much as the next person, but it's not like it was Exile on Main St. or anything. Article tries way too hard.

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I thought this band was cringe worthy when I was 13 which is saying something.

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Loved this record when I was a kid

5. GEM37

She haunts the roads

...anybody else get a slight smirk reading the album title and 'oral' in the same sentence?

No, I'm not 13. Why do you ask?

heymattrick and Jason Tate like this.
  6. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

RESET!!! I remember downloading a song by them listed as a Blink 182 song called "Why" back in the napster days. That was a solid tune.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Holy crap Jason, I had no idea people actually knew about Reset outside of, say, Quebec.

8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This was actually one of the first albums I bought :crylaugh: