Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tom DeLonge Heads Into the Studio

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Raku likes this.
  2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Gearing up for the 10 year WDNTW acoustic album

GEM37 likes this.
  3. alex miller

Regular

what is he referring to being exhausted from?

4. suppyguppy

Regular

He's been teasing Boxcar Racer stuff recently. Interested to see if that's what this is, and who else would be involved if so. That record is still the best thing he's ever done musically in my opinion.

Raku likes this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

fuck ya

Raku likes this.
  6. GEM37

She haunts the roads

7. jameson4111

Yea I forgot about that. He posted one clip of it and then never brought it back up again.

8. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Would love more Boxcar, can't believe that album is 15 yrs old

Raku likes this.
  9. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

he's recording for 41 different musicals, each of which will focus on one year of his life

Raku, truelovewaits and GEM37 like this.
  10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Concept album/broadway show "American Alien"

Raku, Dirty Sanchez and truelovewaits like this.
  11. Fox83

Trusted

People were predicting he'd announce something "big" close to the California Deluxe release. I took it as a joke but damn. Right on time.

12. miltownrob

Regular Prestigious

exactly.

13. Fox83

Trusted

And he's just announcing things to announce things. I wouldn't be surprised if whatever he's doing in the studio never comes to fruition or gets delayed a loonnnng time.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Coming 2024

15. devenstonow

Noobie

Good. I hope he releases a Box Car Racer 2 album with Travis and a guest appearance from Mark. Maybe throw Tim Armstrong and Jordan Pundik in there. Maybe Matt Wachter plays bass. Maybe him and Ryan Sinn alternate a bit. Synths from Ilan Rubin? A drum duet with Brooks Wackerman? Quartet with Atom Willard and Scott Raynor? A song with lyrics by Bemis? Music video filmed by Adam Lazzara and Fred Mascherino? Cover art by the Star Wars guy? Liner notes thanking the Box Car Racer bassist? Maybe he can also record it in a studio he rents out from that guy that temporarily replaced Mark at one point?

I just wanna see some Tombots/blink subreddit explode.

also produced by Feldmann

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. Fox83

Trusted

I'd actually love to hear a Tom Delonge project with an outside producer. Is Untitled the last time he had a producer other than himself?

17. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Still waitting for the big alien announcement hes cock teased me about a million times now.

Raku likes this.
  18. skurt

Also a fictional novel series, autobiography, biopic, graphic novel series, short film and feature film, with a half assed AvA ep all exclusively through To the Stars....

Raku likes this.
  19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Would definitely be curious to hear how a new Box Car album would sound like.

Raku likes this.
  20. Raku

Regular

I'll take this with a grain of salt, and just wait till he releases new songs before I pay any attention to this. As exciting as this may be, we all know how Tom likes to delay things.

21. Jake Z

Regular

BCR would be great. I am not a big fan of any after that, but still like Tom and will check it out.

Raku likes this.
  22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

[​IMG]
    That we do, that we do.

23. MegaButterfree

Regular

Awesome! Love everything Tom does. :-) If it was a new Box Car album that'd be fantastic but my guess it'll be something AVA-related. A new studio album would be nice. Hoping it continues more in the style of the Chasing Shadows EP rather than The Dream Walker though.

24. skurt

He just posted angels and airwaves music coming soon #StrangeTimes. so no box car racer

25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted