Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Year After the Nightmare

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 17, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

supernovagirl and smowashere like this.
  2. defmytones

Regular

If 2018 is in fact their farewell, in typical Brand New fashion the album will be released after they play their last show. It doesn't seem like them to have their last shows be supporting new material.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Like everything, their 2018 end is probably delayed lol.

4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I will honestly claim that I didn't anticipate this album being released soon after that song came out. That's just not Brand New's style.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

The best thing they could have done was release that shitty song. I love brand new, but that song took the wind out of my "where the fuck is this new album" sails.

SEANoftheDEAD and palebluedot like this.
  6. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Still haven't listened to my copy of this. Not even sure what I've been hesitant on with that.. I literally don't care when this album comes out, I'll be excited whenever it's announced.

7. aniafc

Trusted

I believe that they'll break up next year, just not that we'll ever get an album

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Not a great song, but it's fine. It's a decent B-side tier tune.

9. Muzick

It's such a forgettable, non-event song, but damn that single cover art is so great. Sucks it was wasted on this song.

palebluedot likes this.
  10. Omni

Regular

They released Mene in April 2015 too, so we're due for our yearly Brand New track.

11. aniafc

Trusted

April 15 -> May 16 means that sometimes June 2017 would be the time we get one.

but there's literally no pattern to this band ever. remember when they created that random website and people were freaking out about it?

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Ahhh those were the days eh

And yeah fusion AnOmaly

13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Watched an entire Brand New live set from a year or so ago on Youtube recently.....something about it made their songs translate to me much more than their recordings have. I've always wanted to get this band, and never have, but, that live set was pretty awesome.

14. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

They don't have to release anything else as far as I'm concerned. I'm not even a die hard fan, but I think they reached near perfection with TDAG. And despite not being a big fan, that album is tied with my favorite album of all time. As long as I have that album, I'm fine.

AshlandATeam and DejaMoi like this.
  15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

See my avatar for the type of release i will like them to do. At this point I really don't care if we never get a new album. Something I never thought I would say before but now I'm ok with it.

16. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I've given up on this band

17. atlas

Trusted

I've never been a big Brand New guy and this song did nothing to change my mind. It's devastatingly boring imo

18. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I'm just happy that I've finally seen them live, especially seeing TDAG front to back.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It's been more than 4 years since the whole Shone thing happened where everyone thought we were getting a new Brand New album.

20. church11

love this band. love that song. love everything they've done.

AshlandATeam and marsupial jones like this.
  21. AshlandATeam

Trusted

It's weird seeing negative comments about 'Nightmare' and 'Mene,' because I love both of those songs so, so much. I also think 'Daisy' is their best work and is the album I return to the most, so it's possible I don't really count as a true Brand New fan. But honestly, I think they've improved every record, and would love a full release of songs in the vein of the two singles.

DejaMoi and j0hnnyrt like this.
  22. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Ohh fools! ;d ..although honestly, I didn't really believe we'd get a new album any time soon.

23. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

All the true Brand New fans know that Daisy is the best album.

Flame war initiated!

I'm kidding, but in all seriousness, it is also my favorite album, and they became one of my favorite bands with Deja and then sealed it in with the leaked demos. I've seen them nine or ten times since 2006, and the intensity of the live Daisy tracks keeps me coming back.

mort0n likes this.
  24. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

strategically i only ever just liked these guys so the fact that they release music less consistently than i do

25. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

this post made me laugh. that is all.