Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Fleet Foxes – “Fool’s Errand” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 12, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Interesting. Really not sure whether I'm going to like this album...but I've been reacting really poorly to music today, so I should probably save all my judgments for later.

3. AngryMan

Regular

Random question: Did you review Helplessness Blues when it was released? I remember reading a negative review that I didn't agree with and I've always wanted to go back and revisit it haha. For some reason, seeing "theherox" just brought that back.

If, by chance, it was you, I'm curious to know if your feelings on the album have changed at all.

4. That was not! I have always loved Helplessness Blues -- specifically I think "The Shrine/An Argument" is the greatest song to emerge from the 00's folk resurgence.

Sorry that I can't help you there, but funny that you seemed to recognize my old username! haha

5. AngryMan

Regular

Haha thanks for responding. Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. xburningcoffin

KC

I really like these new songs, and I think they seem to be in the same vein at The Shrine/An Argument, which is suprising to see you not enjoy them. Does anyone else think the new songs share more with in common with the Shrine/An Agument than other straightforward FF songs?

7. I definitely understand the comparison and see the likenesses. It's mostly the melodies and harmonies of the new songs that remind me strongly of the debut album.