Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tancred – “Birthday Candles”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also noticed it says that Jess is officially gone from Now, Now.

3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also don't think it's a new single, it's just a b-side from Out of the Garden.

4. Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 2.00.49 PM.png

coleslawed likes this.
  5. bennjeff

Regular

Kinda hated to see her post on instagram about this once I realized she is having to promote a tour with pwr bttm at the end. Not the best timing for that.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

In her statement on twitter, Jess calls it a b-side from OOTG.

This song is a jam. I'm bummed she's not part of NN but it was pretty obvious for years and OOTG is superb. If that means more focus on Tancred- I ain't mad at it.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

"The song idea came from a dream I had about blowing out candles on a birthday cake, and how you can be surrounded by people and still feel really isolated and alone," Jess said of the track in an email to The FADER. "We cut the song [from Out Of The Garden] because I thought it might be too slow to fit the energy of the album. I loved making all the different guitar layers though, and the scale that the bass and guitar overlap at the end is really fun. Terrence and I are excited to play it live."

Definitely a b-side.

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

can it be both a b-side and now a new single?

9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

like, Burn the Witch was a b-side from Kid A, but then it got released as the lead single for AMSP

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Hahah I'm just pointing out that she's promoting this as a b-side from her last record as opposed to something new. I hope she throws it up on iTunes asap.

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Stop being obvious. lol.

trevorshmevor and coleslawed like this.
  12. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Based on the FB post pushing this track, sure seems like she's planning on still playing the PWR BTTM shows. Hope that changes soon.

13. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i don't think these shows are happening at all

that post was probably scheduled/planned in advance too

14. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Likely so, but still. She made the post five hours ago and explicitly promoted the tour. Not great

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

added a little extra. that post was probably scheduled in advance.
    when the post was written/planned by press it wasn't known yet

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really doubt PWR BTTM will continue touring, and she's probably just waiting for them to make the announcement themselves.