Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Paramore and Jeremy Davis Settle Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Paramore and former bassist Jeremy Davis have settled their lawsuit.

“Everything has been resolved and settled,” said Jay Bowen, Nashville-based attorney for Paramore. “Paramore had a great show last night, getting ready for their tour. The album’s out (May 12).”

Bowen said he couldn’t comment further and Nashville attorney Derek Crownover, who represented Davis, declined to comment.

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I'm guessing Paramore's legal team was aggressive in getting this settled before the new album and tour. Seems too coincidental that it just happens to get settled the week of the new album.

heymattrick and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. Omni

Regular

Good for them, I guess. Sucks that it had to happen at all.

heymattrick likes this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

At least that is over with.

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

I wonder what the agreement came out to.

Raku likes this.
  6. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I'm glad it's over but I am sure this doesn't feel good for anybody. Maybe now that the lawsuit is over they can talk about it.

7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

It'll probably be the same as it was with the Farros. They didn't like the Farros, now are fine with them, they don't like this dude now, and eventually be fine.

Raku likes this.
  8. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

"Didn't like" them isn't really an accurate depiction of what went on, nor is writing off the process that they went through to mend relations with the Farros again. Though I think I get what you're saying?

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

I presume we'll be able to partially determine how the settlement shook out by looking up the writing credits on Paramore's catalog to see if they added Davis to any songs. (IIRC, that was part of the dispute.)

Raku likes this.
  10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I think it's quite simple. Money is the root of all evil.

Edit: New album rules, I love it and think it's the only album as a whole I like.