Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Stephen Christian to Perform with “Members of Anberlin”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 11, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

“Members ofAnberlin” along with Stephen Christian will be performing at the Freedom Celebration 2017 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
    After they disbanded, members of Anberlin went on to other projects, including lead singer Stephen Christian, who is set to release a new solo album called Wildfires this summer. Stephen, along with members of Anberlin, will perform songs from his new album as well as music from Anberlin.

2. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Hmmm... Wonder which members.

3. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I couldn't be more excited for a Stephen Christian solo record.

truelovewaits likes this.
  4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Dude has a great voice, definitely checking his new stuff out.

5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Friendly reminder that Cities came out 10 years ago..eh? Eh? Tour? Yeah not happening but it would be amazing.

fenway89 likes this.
  6. Barcara

Regular

In case anyone is curious, Wildfires is a worship record. Two songs from it were released but neither did anything for me.

Unfortunately, as much as I love Stephen and the band, I can't get into the worship stuff, I assume it's mostly because I don't relate to it at all, I had the same issue when listening to Gillepsie's record a few years back. I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it though, dude is crazy talented.

Link:
    Stephen Christian Set To Release New Album, WILDFIRES, With BEC Recordings – The Gospel Music Association

js977 and coleslawed like this.
  7. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Well, this is disappointing as someone who isn't religious in the slightest. I'm not interested in listening to worship stuff no matter how good it is, but I hope he does well with it and am glad he is still making music.

Barcara likes this.
  8. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

If I had to guess, it's probably just Joey? Christian is pretty invested in the Acceptance reunion, Nate stays at home in Florida with his wife and Deon has been guitar teching/tour managing if I recall correctly. I think maybe if anything it's Stephen, Joey and Deon but I bet it's just Stephen and Joey

9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Let me tell ya - I'm extremely religious (I'm actually a pastor). Also, my favorite religious album ever is Dustin Kensrue's 'The Water and the Blood.' This should be up my alley.

But it is BIZARRE listening to Stephen Christian sing these songs after listening too Anberlin since 2005. It's just jarring and weird and so foreign to what he always did before, even in a band marketed to the church.

I'm sure I'll like it eventually. But for whatever reason it just feels off in a way that even other worship projects haven't.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I dig those couple worship tracks and will probably dig the full album. Hopefully he finds time for both worship and secular songwriting, though, like Dustin Kensrue did. I hope him a lot of success in the Christian market but would hate to see him pigeonholed for the foreseeable future.

Speaking of Dustin Kensrue, it's great to have Thrice back, and his last solo album is my favorite thing he's done besides Beggars, but I do hope he eventually finds time to make some more Modern Post material, even if it's just an EP.

11. Schooner

Trusted

I spent $60 on farewell tickets! At least let me revel in the last shows for a few more years Stephen!

12. AshlandATeam

Trusted

They aren't coming back in any real way. Some of the Anberlin dudes playing worship songs and the Jesus-y-er Anberlin songs (I'd guess) isn't the same as a reunion.

Schooner and coleslawed like this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this is also at a Christian music festival, so I'm guessing it'll mostly be his solo stuff with a handful of Anberlin hits thrown in.

14. Schooner

Trusted

Gateway reunions!!
    Like marijuana! hahaha

AshlandATeam likes this.
  15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Dope. I should go. Hometown.

16. schackbr

Regular

didn't they make a big deal about not playing Anberlin songs again? i mean, i don't care regardless, but if i recall in a bunch of interviews they said no "reunion-ish" stuff would happen.

17. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

Why couldn't this be Boston?!

18. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Wanted to like the worship stuff but it's a "no" from me.

Barcara likes this.
  19. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Thanks for the heads up. This is disappointing, though since I didn't know about it until this post, I can't be let down too much. MXPX-style or Relient K-style religious songs I can do. These are too much.

Barcara likes this.