Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park – “Invisible”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. tvck

Trusted

yikes

thrilliam likes this.
  3. This new direction for LP is just organized confusion.

CMilliken likes this.
  4. defmytones

Regular

It's probably the best song of the new ones I've heard. But thats not saying much. That chorus is beyond weak.

CMilliken likes this.
  5. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

This new direction is a real curve ball, and an unpleasant one at that for me.

6. tvck

Trusted

can honestly say i haven't listened to them in forever, and these few new songs are just weird. obviously don't expect them to keep doing the nu-metal deal, but no thanks on whatever this is.

7. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

So they've done nu-metal, hard rock, experimental and now pop. I guess the next logical step would be Norwegian Black Metal.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  8. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

This is so blah

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  9. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Here's to hoping they play none of these songs this Summer :-)

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

You know, I was a huge LP fan growing up, and I stuck with them when they released Minutes To Midnight. But, for them to be telling people to move on from their best work and accept this stuff is unwarranted. If it was actually quality music, maybe you could say that. But these lyrics are horrendously boring/simple/said before in better ways. Not to mention it's a little awkward listening to teenage angst coming from a group of 40 year old rockers. Also, where is the band? It's Chester and a computer.

11. Ew, you're definitely right. I just listened to "Battle Symphony" for the first time, and in comparison, this song is a treasure.

Yuck.

12. CMilliken

Trusted

Best one out of the ones they've released so far but that's not saying much. Not great.

Eric Wilson and Chase Tremaine like this.
  13. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed 100%.

14. pbueddi

Trusted

pass

15. yikes ok this one's awful, and I liked the other singles. sounds like this album is going to be very one dimensional, which is unusual for them. whether you like their style changes over the years, you can't deny that their albums always managed to be diverse... until now.

16. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Where is the hook? Man, these new songs are bad.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This song's decent. The album definitely won't be my favorite by them, but the new songs have a vibe that's appealing to me -- other than Battle Symphony, which I still think is pretty unredeemable.

18. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

I actually think this is one of the better ones they've released recently. I haven't heard a full album from them since Minutes to Midnight(?) though. I might check this one out.

19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So I at least find one of their new songs listenable. Not that that should be construed as actually liking it or really wanting to listen to it again.

20. Merve May 11, 2017
    (Last edited: May 13, 2017)
    Merve

Pennycan Champion

Didn't they once cause a minor kerfuffle when they said they could do Chvrches-esque synthpop but chose not to? Oh, the irony...

21. ha true, but then it doesn't sound like CHVRCHES. more like The Chainsmokers, Halsey, Maroon 5 and lots of bland pop music