Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Katy Perry – “Bon Appetit”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. And here I was thinking it couldn't get any worse after "Chained to the Rhythm."

Turkeylegz likes this.
  3. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Not a big fan of Migos due to homophobic comments he's made in the past, but I actually like this song overall. Very interesting 90's beats and feel to it. I'm hoping for a big Katy comeback after how lackluster "Prism" was for me.

4. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Quavo part started with a line that contained "sweet potato pie" yet somehow that was less terrible than every Katy Perry lyric on the whole song. She is capital A awful...

Turkeylegz likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Migos is three people

6. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

She's just dropped off a cliff since Teenage Dream. Which as someone who is far from a 'poptimist' was pretty great.

PandaBear! likes this.
  7. Kiana Apr 30, 2017
    (Last edited: May 1, 2017)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Her career is weird. She always talks about what kinda music she is gonna make and then opts for the same old same old instead. I wonder if she wants to do something different but then either gets scared of going outside her box or if it's a label thing? I was intrigued about how she was supposed to do darker stuff but then she never did. It doesn't even need to be that dark. I think she can pull off darker stuff like off One of the Boys, Circle the Drain, etc and that pop/rock element suits her.

8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

My uneducated guess would be a label thing. Who even writes for her these days? Didn't that Max Martin guy write pretty much all her songs that went to No.1? IMO it's not even just the music anymore, her whole shit just seems to be behind the curve these days. Meh, she'll still sell assloads of records.

9. Kiana

I think max Martin is still writing for her

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Maybe he's just got worse then! :crylaugh:

11. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

aren't people calling this era woke pop? side eyein considering all that craziness dj mano tweeted about her. idk, the songs she's released so far haven't really caught my attention

12. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

"woke pop" screams of label executives/whoever sensing that there is $$$ to be made from an increase of social awareness among the target market of pop music (young people). They are the types to mistakenly believe it a "trend", so of course they would try to monetise it.

13. Kiana

Only she's calling it that I think

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Say what you want about Prism, but Dark Horse is a phenomenal song. (But yea she'll never top those first 2. Waking Up In Vegas will always be her best song).