Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Closer to a DumpsterFyre Festival

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

If you were on social media last night you probably saw the Fyre Festival shit-show start to go down. It first came across my radar when Blink-182 pulled out:

Blink-182 is pulling out of the much-hyped Fyre Festival in Exumas, Bahamas, telling fans on Twitter that they were worried that festival organizers would not be able to provide the production needed for their performance.

And then it got weird:

Fyre Festival appears on to be on the brink of collapse with flights to Exumas canceled as organizer struggle to deliver basic accommodations to festival-goers, some who paid thousands of dollars for to attend the three-day festival.

And weirder:

Created by rapper Ja Rule and entrepreneur Billy McFarland, the event – which was scheduled to begin on Friday and for which tickets cost between $1,500 and $250,000 – is off to a rough start and social media is buzzing about the failed festival.

And scary:

But when guests arrived for the first weekend on Thursday, they found grounds that were woefully lacking in the promised amenities and organization, according to accounts on social media that highlighted the soggy tents, bad food and general disappointment verging on panic.

This entire story is just bonkers. From the amount of money paid by guests, to the collapse, to the images shared from the festival grounds and amenities.

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I legitimately laughed out loud at the cheese and bread "meal". How in the hell does the ever happen

carrytheweight likes this.
  3. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Holy shit. What a disaster but seriously they are locking people in like prisoners? I would have smashed the door open.

4. Shrek

#stillbetterthanwarpedtour

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I would absolutely love to see the step by step process it took for that fucking bread and cheese to end up in that box and handed out as a meal.

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I was alone in my room laughing hysterically about it last night. Reddit went down at the perfect time because people were already falling for the altright trolls before the story really blew up, people would have lost their shit after buying into the BS stories had reddit stayed up.

electro haikus likes this.
  7. Shrek

I legitimately can't stop chuckling about it.

8. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Ja rule should have his wages garnished until each person receives a full refund. I know that's not how it works but still what a joke

9. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

I bet they sell it as an "open faced sandwich".

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

How on earth did they not see this coming before the guests arrived? Literally makes no sense. I'd think a few days before, you'd be able to tell - you know what, this whole thing is going to be a disaster, maybe we should not have thousands of people fly down.

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm hoping for some incredible follow up stories to find out about this stuff.

12. devenstonow

Noobie

seriously, this is the one thing that blows my mind. if they were given some TV dinner or sysco crap even that would be better.

also it looks like either super good sliced cheese. or super shitty.

13. Shrek

supernovagirl and yeahrightdude like this.
  14. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Lol @ "THIS IS NOT MY FAULT... but I'm taking responsibility"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/KuJYxfsQJ4">pic.twitter.com/KuJYxfsQJ4</a></p>&mdash; Ja Rule (@Ruleyork) <a href="
    ">April 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Shrek

"just ate my first human" as a text post headline made me explode in a way that made me glad my boss snuck out early

16. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Ja Rule's tweet/statement is pretty funny:

"...I truly apologize as this is NOT MY FAULT... but I'm taking responsibility"

What a stand up fellow!

17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Man, no one should feel bad for you if you "literally bankrupted" yourself for a 4 day luxury vacation.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Kind of bothers me that people are blaming the models or promoters or whatever they're calling them for endorsing this, yet no one seems to be saying anything about the artists who were supposed to be playing. Not that it's either's fault.

19. Shrek

I mean, no, haha. It would be ridiculous for a band to play in an unstaffed, unsecured trash field. It is not on any one whatsoever beyond the event runners. Not IG models, not performers, not anyone.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well yea haha my points not that the bands should take blame. I definitely worded it weird I guess I don't know how to say it. Honestly I'm probably reading in to a small handful of tweets haha

21. Iamhollywood315

Regular

The artists have their management book a gig and then they play what they are supposed to play. I don't think the members are reading into the fest details like a fan would. Also staff and the models should't be blamed they were hired to do a job not worry about the logistics of the fest. But if they were told information about the fest being the way it was and to pretend and distract from the concertgoer from reality, then we have a different story.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I literally spent over two hours today reading about this

It's such a great combination of hilarious and absolutely fascinating

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Aw man...Ja Rule is involved in this? I liked him in the first Fast and Furious movie.

24. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Its too bad this fell through, but I can't help but think this thing was doomed from the start given the exorbitant price of tickets.

What kind of people does that attract?

25. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Well Snapchat's discovery thing has a picture someone posted from there that just said "poor people suck" if that's any indication.