Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Dr. Luke Is No Longer the CEO of Sony’s Kemosabe Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Hollywood Reporter:

Now, Dr. Luke’s relationship with Sony is under a microscope, and according to one source, the two sides are in the midst of negotiating a split. Another insider pushes back on the notion of a divorce. But according to court papers, he is no longer the CEO of Kemosabe Records and the company asserts he no longer has authority to act on its behalf. A page devoted to Dr. Luke on Sony Music’s website has also been taken down.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Hopefully there will be a split sooner rather than later. I've never really read any good things about that guy.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Hahaha wait, when I saw this yesterday, I thought they completely cut ties, but no he's just not the CEO. Does Sony think this earns them applause? Because it certainly doesn't. This should've happened a long time ago.

4. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

While I'm sure cutting ties isn't so black and white, I agree that Sony taking ANY action is loooong overdue.

5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

good. even though Kesha's assault allegations haven't been "proven," stuff she's leaked definitely shows he's a manipulative prick.

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

#DrPukeIsOverParty