Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Phoenix to Release New Album in June

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Phoenix will release their new album, Ti Amo, on June 9th. The band sat down with The New York Times to talk about the album:

But the album also hints at a darkness that surrounded the group while it recorded in Paris during a turbulent time, as its hometown absorbed a swell of refugees, underwent a surge in alt-right sentiment and endured terrorist attacks. On the night of the attacks at the Bataclan, a concert hall where Phoenix had played and attended shows, the guitarist Christian Mazzalai was trapped in the studio, where the band was recording after the police shut down Paris.

2. bodkins

Trusted

Nice. Bleachers Phoenix and Lorde back to back.

SuNDaYSTaR likes this.
  3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Weird that the article didn't mention that "Bankrupt!" basically tanked. Glad that they're writing music meant for the summer. This should be fun.

4. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

It did? I could have sworn it was perhaps their best selling album and (especially) tour.

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Wolfgang was HUGE. The article even mentions that they haven't topped the sales of Wolfgang.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Bankrupt! is a fantastic record and I wouldn't say it tanked. Did it sell as well as Wolfgang? Nope but how could it? Wolfgang came out in 2009 and Bankrupt! came out in 2013. The music industry was/is on a downward slope. Record sales in 2009 vs 2013? Very different.

Plus I saw Phoenix on tour for Bankrupt! and it was sold out and massive- it was also one of the best shows I've ever been to. Can't wait for the new record!

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, Bankrupt! is great. The songs really fit into their live set well too.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I personally prefer Bankrupt! over Wolfgang as a whole (even though "Lasso" and "1901" are jam city) and hearing "Drakkar Noir/Chloroform" live was amazing. They're insanely great live but that's partially due to the fact their drummer is a beast behind the kit!

9. bodkins

Trusted

I dug Bankrupt. Based on description, alone, the album sounds really interesting.