Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Open Letter to Radiohead Asks Them Not to Perform in Israel

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A number of artists and activists have signed an open letter asking Radiohead to “think again about” performing in Israel. The band is scheduled to perform at Park HaYarkon in Tel Aviv, Israel on July 19th.

We understand you’ve been approached already by Palestinian campaigners. They’ve asked you to respect their call for a cultural boycott of Israel, and you’ve turned them down. Since Radiohead campaigns for freedom for the Tibetans, we’re wondering why you’d turn down a request to stand up for another people under foreign occupation. And since Radiohead fronted a gig for the 50th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, we’re wondering why you’d ignore a call to stand against the denial of those rights when it comes to the Palestinians.

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Wow, no comments? Guess AbsolutePunk really is gone...

3. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Interesting...I wonder if Radiohead will respond?...

4. TheZeroKid

I'm Not Holden Caulfield Prestigious

I get that feeling sometimes too :tear:

5. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Here's a picture of a funny monkey.
    [​IMG]

6. grimis16

Regular

Yeah the comments for front page news is maybe a 1/10 of what it used to be.

Situation is super difficult though. I love Israel and many of the people are nice, but there's a lot of discrimination. Hard to judge them from afar as they are the ones that have to deal with hostilites every day. Of course Israel needs to be regulated more than most any other place. In Jerusalem you have 4+ drastically different cultures that literally live door to door with each other. While I don't feel comfortable with soliders on every corner with automatic weapons, I know that it's necessary when you have radicals hijacking tractors trying to kill Israelis.

thenewtypetheory and coleslawed like this.
  7. Piercalicious

Regular

Wasn't that the point of this site?

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Yes, I was just surprised that there wasn't a bunch of argument anyway. I'm not missing it by any stretch!

9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious